Warm, gooey ziti with three different cheeses and heartwarming flavors your family will go crazy for!
Okay, so it’s not technically ziti, since I used spaghetti noodles instead of ziti noodles, but it’s close enough for me. And trust me, you will not even care after one taste of this creamy, cheesy, and comforting casserole. If I had to pick one of my favorite comfort dishes, it would definitely be a plateful of warm, gooey ziti 😀
No doubt it’s super gooey-ness is because of the THREE different cheeses (ricotta, cheddar, and parmesan!) I snuck inside 😉 Cheesy goodness at it’s absolute best!
Ooohh…look at all that cheese. Pass me a fork and a few napkins, please 🙂
This speedy casserole is perfect for busy weeknights when you might need dinner on the table quickly—but it’s also fancy enough to serve for company–just throw together a salad and warm up some garlic bread for a complete meal in less than an hour.
My recipe for ziti yields 10 servings (I’m used to cooking in large quantities 😉 ) But I would definitely recommend just going ahead and making the whole thing—leftovers keep well in the fridge up to 4 days and this ziti tastes great reheated the next day for lunch.
I know your family is just going to love this heartwarming ziti—it’s one of my most-often requested meals around here. Just one taste and you’ll know why 😀
3-Cheese Beef Ziti
- 2 lbs ground beef browned until no longer pink
- 2 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 1 15 oz pkg ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 16 oz pkgs spaghetti pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 15 x 10 x 1 in baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat browned ground beef and pasta sauce until bubbly. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk ricotta cheese and egg until smooth. Set aside. Combine cheddar, parmesan, and oregano. Set aside. Place half of cooked spaghetti in baking pan. Spread with half of ricotta cheese mixture. Pour half of warm pasta sauce/beef over ricotta. Sprinkle with cheddar/parmesan cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover pan with tin foil and bake at 375 F 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes, until cheese is lightly browned. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.