This chunky avocado salsa combines everything you love about guacamole and salsa into one addictive dip! Fast to throw together and always a crowd-pleaser.
We’ve got the most simple, yet incredible appetizer on deck for today! No more choosing between guacamole and salsa to go with your chips because you can have it all in this killer dip.
Silky avocado and summery fresh tomatoes are naturally a match made in heaven and paired with lots of flavorful cilantro, lime, and jalapeno and we’ve got an app winner.
Trust me, your chips aren’t about to know what hit ’em.
The beauty of this salsa is that you won’t need any fancy ingredients or more than 10 minutes of prep time, but it’s basically guaranteed that you’ll leave with an empty bowl and a recipe request every time.
Also the fact that it can be used in so many things! Keep reading for all the serving ideas.
This Salsa Features…
- Fresh tomatoes and silky avocado
- Spicy jalapeno and lots of fresh cilantro and lime
- 10 minutes to throw together and only 7 ingredients needed
Making the Avocado Salsa
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Sweet onion
- Lime juice
Tips for Perfect Salsa
- Cut the avocado and tomato in uniform size – 1/4-inch cubes is the ideal size for a chunky salsa like this.
- Use fresh cilantro and lime – these two ingredients are the major flavor boosters in this salsa so for best results, we recommend using as fresh as possible.
- Avoid storing salsa too long – we recommend not storing salsa longer for 2 days otherwise the avocado tends to turn a little brown.
Change things up and try these ideas for a different twist on this salsa!
- Make it spicier – feel free to replace the jalapeno with a spicier pepper such as serrano or habanero.
- Add cheese – try crumbled feta, goat cheese, or cotija cheese.
- Make it fruity – for a sweet kick, try adding diced pineapple or mango.
Try these serving suggestions for this salsa.
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Topping for grilled chicken, steak, or fish
- In wraps or on a sandwich
- Topping for salads
- On nachos or tacos
This salsa is just an explosion of flavors! The silky avocado pairs so well with the juicy tomatoes and punch of fresh cilantro and lime juice. You’ll have a hard time stopping yourself from eating it with a spoon.
We can never keep a bowl of this salsa stocked and it’s not hard to see why!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More amazing appetizers to try next!
Chunky Avocado Salsa
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-in cubes
- 3 medium avocados, pitted and cut into 1/4-in cubes
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, minced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve salsa with tortilla chips and enjoy!
This post was updated with new recipe tips and photos on 6/9/23.