Loaded with lots of banana flavor, nutty oats, and gooey chocolate chips; these hearty pancakes are just as healthy as they are indulgent!
Hello, Friday. Hey there, pancakes.
I freaking HEART soft-as-clouds pancakes loaded with the following: Bananas. Oatmeal. All The Chocolate.
And more chocolate.
You’ll notice I did not mention the whole “drenched-with-a-gallon-of-syrup” part. I’m pretty sure that goes without saying….
Oh, and all of this is also disguised into sneakishly-sneaky health food. Ooh, yes. 12 Days Of Superfood Recipes is in full swing now.
Oh, and a quick P.S. here: THANK YOU for all the birthday wishes yesterday. I was seriously blown away by all your sweet comments—you made my day awesome. You ROCK!!
Okay so let’s be honest here: How many of us stack up those pancakes high, demolish ’em like nobody’s business and yet…..you’re still not full which results in having to go back for ANOTHER 5-foot stack of pancake goodness.
*sheepishly raises hand*
These pancakes I’m sharing today are so thick and hearty, I promise you’ll be able to stop at just ONE 5-foot stack and it will keep you full for hours!
Or at least until 11am when it’s time to break out the grilled cheese. Ahem.
It’s the oats, guys. They’re magical. Combined with the bananas they’re dreamy. Combined with the chocolate they’re legendary. Throw it all into a pancake and drench it with syrup…….and
Pancakes this good AND this healthy should be illegal. Really.
Pancakes this soft and fluffy and exploding with zee chocolate should not be allowed within 5 miles of me. Under no circumstances.
Fluffiest-Ever Buttermilk Pancakes be jealous of these babies. True story.
So yeah, I think it goes without saying that the oats are our superfood ingredient for today. Packed full of fiber and filled with TONS of nutrients.
And that is the only nerdy food thing I’m going to say today. Promise.
Pancakes in the form of your morning oatmeal couldn’t be wrong, right?! I mean it’s checking off all the “healthy” boxes and the “YEE-UM” boxes in my mind…..
- Oats. FULL OF THE HEALTHY STUFF.
- Bananas. Potassium. Need I say more?
- White whole wheat flour. I freaking LURVE this stuff.
- Chocolate. No words needed.
- More chocolate.
- Yet more chocolate?
FYI. I love a big ‘ol bowl of hot oatmeal as much as the next gal, but really? I’ll take a pile of the monkey oatmeal pancakes over a bowl fulla’ the grey stuff any day.
Preferably a pile as tall as THIS. → →
No biggie. I could run circles around this stack. 🙂
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed bananas, egg, oil, and buttermilk until smooth. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold dry mixture into liquid until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cook pancakes by 1/4 cupfuls 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup.
Check out the original recipe!