These orange-flavored pancakes are unbelievably moist and fluffy thanks to the greek yogurt and are heavenly topped with a sweet roasted strawberry sauce!
I like to think of myself as more or less a pancake freak.
What is this you may ask? From what I’ve observed, it is somebody who has an irrational love and desire for pancakes 24/7. Pancakes are just an everyday part of their lives. They’re as routine as a cup of coffee to a coffee-drinker every morning. Necessary. Period.
I am this person to a T, guys. I big fat puffy HEART pancakes. ‘Zee end.
Sooooo. The springtime version of pancakes featuring all things berry-filled and citrus-packed is hitting your face in 3…2…1…
POW. We’re spring brunchin’ in pancake land today, guys.
I kinda like the word, BRUNCHIN a lot. But I like the whole eating-of-the-brunch thing better. 😉
I’m kind of obsessing over all the good things happening in Pancake Land today. Let me spell it out for ‘ya:
Greek yogurt! A double whammy of orange juice and zest! Buttermilk!
All wrapped up in the moistest, ultra-fluffy pancake of your dreams. You’re welcome for just making your tastebuds day. 😉
Sorry for undoubtedly just making those pancake cravings shoot up to an all-time high.
The level of fluffiness these pancakes hold should seriously be illegal. THEY’RE SO FLUFFY!!!!
Now I feel that the time has come and we just can’t ignore…..
….the sauce. Holy guacamole, guys THE SAUCE. It’s a pancake game-changer in super-huge and amazing ways.
I’ve discovered something pretty amazing that I plan to hang onto for eons. Roasted strawberries are THE.BOMB. Pureed into a slightly-chunky sauce and dripping down my stack of orange pancake paradise is the bees knees + infinity. ♥♥
Don’t skip the sauce just ’cause you think the roasting part will take too long and ain’t nobody got time for that business on a weekday. For REALS, 10 minutes in and out and you’ve got a spoon-happy strawberry sauce ready for those orange pancake beauts.
And now we pour. And now we EAT. And eat, and eat, and eat.
I’m not the only one starting to thinking about Mother’s Day brunch menus already, am I? Not only am I already planning the menu, but I’m taste-testing the menu too.
Case in point →→ These pancakes. They’ve been made a million times and one in my kitchen so I can say without a doubt that any mom would love them and would love you forever for making them. And for all the moms out there who want breakfast in bed on Mom’s Day: They’re so easy even your hubby could make them.
Hint, hint to all the chef-ly dads out there! Ladies love pancakes!
Send any pancake leftovers on over my way. In case you missed it, Sarah LOVES pancakes too.
Orange Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Roasted Strawberry Sauce
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Set aside. In a separate medium bowl, whisk yogurt, orange juice, zest, egg, and buttermilk until smooth. Fold dry ingredients into liquid until just combined. Set batter aside for a minute while you prepare the sauce.
- Make the sauce: Lay strawberries in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle evenly with syrup and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Roast strawberries at 400F 10-12 minutes or until berries are tender and have begun to release their juices. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to food processor and pulse several times to make a smooth (or slightly chunky) sauce. Keep sauce warm while you make the pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes: Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Cook pancakes by 1/4 cupfuls in batches 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side until golden. Serve pancakes warm with warm roasted strawberry sauce.
More pancakes because I like living in Pancake Paradise. 😉
(the classic recipe where it all began!
(for the breakfast chocoholic in all of us)