These creamy vanilla pudding popsicles are the perfect way to beat the heat this summer! Dipping them in melted chocolate makes them even more fun!
Ahhhhhh….the bliss of a 3-day weekend. It’s just a wonderful thing. Hiiiiiiii! How’s your holiday weekend going so far?! Happy Monday and for the first time ever, I DO mean that sincerely.
3-day weekends are a glorious thing. Have I mentioned that recently?
On a bit of a more serious note, Happy Memorial Day and a ginormous THANK YOU to all who have served and those who are currently serving our country. To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, we honor and respect you!
Now on even more of a serious note, we need to discuss popsicles. Vanilla pudding popsicles dipped in the LOVE.
‘er, the chocolate. Tomato, potato. You know what I mean.
Oh, and in other news, I am STILL without an oven so I have been having to get a little creative in the sweets department lately. Obviously, over NO extended period of time could I ever go without mah sweets so no-bake stuff is where it’s at right now.
Actually, of all the times for my oven to go POOF, this would definitely be the time when I’m using the grill 24/7 and no-bake, icy-cold stuff is starting to go back into style anyway. So kudos to the oven gods for working that out to my advantage.
But still…I miss my muffins. And my cookies. And like 1038 other things. *sniff*
We’re going to be using Madhava Sweeteners raw agave to sweeten the vanilla pudding base for these popsicles. I love, LOVE this particular brand of agave—Actually I freakin’ love all things from Madhava Sweeteners (their flavored coffee syrups are the BOMB) because I know that their products will have all-clean ingredients with none of that weird, scary stuff that you can’t even pronounce.
Also….uhhh it obviously results in vanilla pudding popsicles like the ones you see in your dreams.
I’m totally convinced I’m not the only one who dreams about popsicles.
I’m just gonna be honest with ‘ya: These kinda sorta taste like vanilla ice cream disguised as a popsicle. For.REALS. And the whole chocolate dippin’ thing? Weeeeeeell…..it just kinda ties everything together in a perfect little popsicle package.
Hiya, looooooooover. I “lick” you a whole lot.
This is my popsicle partner-in-crime, Rachel. Please ignore her lovely messy hair.
She looooooved these a whole lot. Can you tell?
She also can’t say popsicle to save her life which cracks me up every time.
Sarah? Can I have a poc-sible?
Can I just have one of those chock-wit things, PLEASE Sarah?!
Even the grown-ups won’t want to miss out when you bring these popsicles outta the freezer. Although, you might have to battle the kids for them. 😉
That’s a battle you should be willing to wage. The odds are your favor.
Seriously, though. This is summah’ on a stick. You’re gonna ♥♥♥ it.
Chocolate-Dipped Vanilla Pudding Popsicles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Madhava Sweeteners Raw Agave
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place butter, milk and cream in a medium saucepan. Bring to a low simmer over medium high heat, whisking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk agave, eggs, and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk in a 4 tablespoons hot milk mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth, then add all back into pan. Whisk occasionally over medium heat until pudding starts to thicken and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Fill 6 popsicle molds with vanilla pudding and insert popsicle stick in center. Freeze popsicles until completely solid, about 5-6 hours.
- Once popsicles are frozen, melt chocolate in a double-boiler until smooth. Remove popsicles from mold and quickly dip the end of each popsicle in melted chocolate. Set popsicles on wax paper and return to freezer to set for 5-10 minutes. Store popsicle in freezer until ready to serve.
This post was sponsored by the folks over at Madhava Sweeteners, and I have been compensated to write this post, however all opinions are 100% my own.
Be sure to enter to win their birthday party sweepstakes HERE!