This colorful Greek-style orzo pasta salad is loaded with plenty of herbed sweet cherry tomatoes, lots of other garden goodness, and is tossed in a light balsamic vinaigrette for one stunning summer salad!
Have I ever mentioned my deep, unconditional, slightly-ridiculous love for all things Mediterranean/Greek style to you guys before?
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Sauteed Herbed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon each fresh oregano parsley, and basil. (minced)
- 1 16 oz box orzo pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 large sweet pepper diced
- 1 can 15 oz black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 small cucumber thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmery. Add tomatoes, oregano, parsley, and basil to saucepan and stir occasionally until tomatoes are close to bursting, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked orzo, pepper, olives, cucumber, sauteed cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese. Set aside for a moment while you prepare the dressing.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth, season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to coat. Season salad with additional salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Salad for daaaaaays! —>
See more salads here!