Avocado toast is given a fun California-style twist! This ultimate breakfast toast is piled with lots of smashed avocado, fresh veggies, and a beautiful fried egg on top.
Oh, maaaaaan. If toast on steroids was a thing…
…let me just say that THIS insanity would totally fit into that category.
Complete and utter breakfast chaos. All piled onto one teeny-tiny, yet loaded-to-the-max piece of toast. Period.
Seriously, guuuuys. BREAKFASTIN’. It’s just going down today.
In new and slightly-crazy ways that may even be a little bit on the nearly-ridiculous side of breakfast.
This is how we roll around here, obviously. Bring on the craaay stuff!
Like toast. NOT usually found in the crazy category, but it totally is today. Let me explain —>
Avocados met toast. Like 2 million years ago. Then California-style veggies ERR’thing met avocado toast. All of the above was then acquainted with a glorious, GLORIOUS fried egg…
…and thus the crazy, CA-RAZY-awesome all-in-one breakfast toast to be reckoned with was born. And obviously then devoured within seconds of it’s creation.
Cool story, bro. 😉
The speed, guys. The knock-you-over amount of FLAVOR. The Breakfast toast dreams are made of theeeeeese!
P.S. When I say super-speeeeeed, I mean 10-15ish minutes, give or take. I spy a totally stress-free and Honey Nut O’s-less weekday morning in your future!
P.P.S. I give flavor content about a 25 out of 10. Bland breakfast toast = NEGATIVE. Flavaaaah, please and thanks!
And the gorgeousness factors here = A whole ‘nother department in itself. Really, what ISN’T gorgeous, when you throw an egg on top??
Come back in 10 years when you have a rational answer. 😉
Could I possibly even express how much I’m crushing on every little ‘thang about this toast? Most likely not…at least right now. Maybe if I eat MORE toast then I can express my deeeeeep, feely-feels more competently.
I will say, though that it’s obvious that you’ve just found the weekday morning CHAMPION to beat ’em all.
Your new favorite breakfast is basically just smiling at your face right now…♥
Smile back, and then…dive in.
California-Style Fried Egg Avocado Toast
- 2 medium ripe avocados pitted and diced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread toasted
- 1 medium tomato thinly sliced
- 1 sweet pepper thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place diced avocado in a medium bowl, Mash thoroughly with lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide smashed avocado between toast slices. Top toast with tomato and pepper slices. Set aside for a moment.
- Make the fried eggs: Working in batches, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmery. Crack 2 eggs into pan and sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Allow eggs to cook, without flipping until whites of eggs are set. Carefully remove from pan with a spatula and transfer to a plate. Repeat step 2 with remaining 2 eggs.
- Carefully arrange fried eggs on top of each toast. Sprinkle minced parsley over top and enjoy toast immediately!
Fun toast is the new black, guys. Try these favorites next!