Drizzled with chocolate ganache glaze and unbelievably fudgy and moist inside, this chocolate bundt cake definitely lives up to it’s name of “best-ever.”—It’s a birthday cake favorite!
Tuesdays and chocolate bundt cake = YEAH. Bring it, bring, bring it!!
Because we’re PARTYIN’ today and cake is obviously a must! It feels almost unreal to say that three years ago to this day, I pressed that publish button for the first time and Whole and Heavenly Oven was born.
Guys, I promise I’m not gonna get too mushy-gushy with y’all, but seriously. You all rock my world. I absolutely could never have imagined or dreamed that WAHO would grow to what it has for me today or even the fact that it would KEEP significantly growing as it has! None of this could have been possible without rockstar readers, like yourselves. MUAH! ♥
So to celebrate all this awesomeness going around today, we’re doing pretty much the ultimate chocolate cake to end ALL chocolate cakes.
To be entirely honest with y’all, I’ve had the recipe for this chocolate cake sitting in my drafts folder for MONTHS and I’ve actually been making it on birthdays for the past few years. What?? I’ve so been holding cake out on you guys. Not cool, Sarah…
Seriously though, no time really seemed like the right time to share it until it dawned on me a few weeks ago that the PERFECT occasion was coming up…
WAHO’s birthday + the best-ever chocolate bundt cake = best birthday EV-ER. Isn’t chocolate everybody’s preferred way of celebrating??
It’s my required way. Gotta have it.
So no lies, guys. This IS the chocolate bundt cake you’ve been searching for your entire life. Seriously, I have never had a moister or more absolutely spot-on chocolate-y cake ever! The batter is quick to whip up, bakes up super-moist, and then the whole chocolate ‘shabang gets covered in MORE chocolate!
We don’t go light with the chocolate on birthdays over here, guys. That would be WRONG!
It slices like an absolute dream and is literally almost too gorgeous to eat. ♥
That has never stopped me or anyone before. “I’ll just have one slice…”
Said no person ever.
Calories don’t count on your blog’s birthday right? Yes, I KNEW it. 😀
Best-Ever Birthday Chocolate Bundt Cake (video)
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream slightly warmed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and dust a fluted tube pan with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, water, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Sift flour mixture over liquid and gently fold until batter is smooth and lump-free. (batter will be slightly thin) Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake at 350F 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in middle comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool cake completely in pan. Once cake is cooled, run a knife around the edges and invert onto a serving plate.
- Prepare the glaze: In a double-boiler, melt chocolate chips until they just start to lose their shape. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in warmed whipping cream. Continue whisking until glaze is completely smooth. Pour warm glaze over cooled cake and serve.
If you’re in a chocolate-y mood, then you should probably check these winners out next!