A luscious and beautiful lemon tart that is SUPER-easy to make and covered in a tangy mixed berry citrus sauce!—The perfect springtime dessert.
Not gonna lie, I’m feeling pretty classy today, guys. Me and my fancy-schmancy lemon tart.
How To Have a Classy Friday in Three Simple Steps. —>
- Make lemon tart.
- Eat all of the lemon tart slices with rivers of berry sauce and with your pinky classily raised in the air until only crumbs remain.
- Then eat the crumbs.
Bam, Friday. ???
Unrelated sidenote, but kinda ties in with the whole “classy” thing. So when I recently went to visit my sister for a week, I’m sorry to say that I picked up an extremely annoying speech pattern from her. We both apparently decided that we want to have classy French accents and therefore, we add the word “le” to every.single.thing we say.
Seriously, I think I’m driving my family bonkers with this.
Example 1. Me: “Le Rachel! Can you run upstairs and grab me a box of le pasta?”
Rachel: “What’s le pasta?”
Example 2. Me: “Le, peeps! Le dinner is ready!”
Peeps: “What kind of food is le?”
I’m le obnoxious and le annoying, guys. I’ll be the first one to admit it.
Pop quiz: What else am I clearly obnoxious with? Lemon. I mean, yesterday was a cake and now today it’s a lemon tart.
All the spring feels know zero bounds, y’all. ???
Here’s how it goes down by order of layer. —>
- Flaky pie pastry tart crust.
- Luscious, sweet ‘n’ tangy lemon filling.
- Citrus-loaded warm berry sauce generously poured into every tart crevice.
Lemon tart shebang, meet belly. Belly, meet your new Friday BFF.
Soooo…who’s ready to join the classy Friday club with me? Perks and benefits include the best dang lemon tart in the whole dang world.
Lemon Tart with Mixed Berry Citrus Sauce
- Pie pastry for one 9-in pie
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Whipped cream for serving optional
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in nonstick tart pan and gently shape into pan. Bake crust at 400F 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, lemon juice, zest, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour filling into pre-baked tart pan. Bake tart at 350F 20-25 minutes or until filling is firm to the touch. Cool tart completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the berry sauce: In a medium saucepan, bring all sauce ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let sauce simmer until just slightly thickened. Keep sauce warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, slice cooled tart into wedges and serve with warm berry sauce and whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
It’s lemon season, yo!! Try these ones next time.