Classic crepes get a savory makeover when they’re filled with scrambled eggs and covered in an amazing avocado pico de gallo! — The ultimate Cinco de Mayo breakfast!
So I have this thing, guys. This thing that I’m completely 10000% obsessed with and it’s called crepes SAVORY-style.
Or to be more accurate…trashed-up BRUNCH style which of course, means there’s eggs and in this particular case…avocado pico de gallo piled into every.spare.inch….Hold me.
Okay, guys. Here’s the deal about these crepes.
The thing is…most Saturday mornings I’m craving something sweet and glaze-covered for breakfast, but a few weeks ago I just REALLY wanted a big ‘ol weekend egg breakfast.
But at the same I had already promised the kiddos I’d make them SWEET-style crepes…
What’s a girl to do? Make the kiddos their sweet berry crepes…and only then fill MINE with Savory Breakfast 101. Which includes scrambled eggs, obviously. And pico de gallo on top because it’s the best and also, eek! Cinco de Mayo is next week!
Also. This pico de gallo is kinda like chunky guacamole is on a date with fresh tomato salsa. It’s quite literally THE BOMB, GUYS!
It’s also like officially the best date ever when you throw a few crepes and fluffy scrambled eggs into the party.
These crepes kinda remind me of breakfast tacos which we all KNOW is the best invention known to man, but at the same time they’re different, because there is absolutely NO beating a warm homemade lacey crepe.
And quite honestly, guys? There’s no beating a breakfast like this. Just surrender yourself to the fact that you neeeeeeeeeed it.
Raise your hand if you’ve just decided how your Cinco de Mayo breakfast/brunch/breakfast-for-dinner/midnight snack should look.
I’m hoping that involves savory crepes with extra pico, in which case I may or may not be showing up at your door next Thursday.
And that’s not creepy at all.
Savory Scrambled Egg Crepes with Avocado Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- SCRAMBLED EGGS:
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- PICO DE GALLO:
- 2 avocados pitted and diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the crepes: Place water, milk, agave, eggs, salt, and flour in a blender. Blend on high speed until batter is smooth. Refrigerate batter 30 minutes.
- While batter chills, prepare the eggs: In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in a nonstick medium skillet over medium heat. Pour eggs into skillet and gently fold eggs as they begin to set. Once eggs are cooked, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Make the pico de gallo: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the crepes: Lightly grease a medium nonstick skillet, then heat over medium-high heat. Working in batches cook crepes by 1/4 cupfuls, flipping crepes once top appears dry, then an additional 1 minute on opposite side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Assemble the crepes: Fill crepes with warm scrambled eggs, and fold crepes into quarters. Serve crepes with pico de gallo on top. Enjoy!
Try my wildly popular Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Crepes next, guys!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Now this is my kind of crepe! I’ve never actually had a savory version before, so this looks amazing! And I think I could eat all of that avocado pico de gallo with just my spoon. Such deliciousness for a Tuesday morning!
Savory crepes are the BOMB. You would love these, Gayle!!
Bethany @ athletic avocado says
OMG its looks like a fiesta feast for brunch! Im in love with this idea! Avocado pico de gallo for the win!
Fiesta-style brunches are the best kind!! Thanks Bethany. 😉
Dawn at Girl Heart Food says
This looks delicious! You know I’m not even sure if I’ve had a crepe before and this recipe looks like a great place to start. Sounds like the perfect weekend brunch to me! I’d be a happy girl to eat this for dinner too 🙂 Pile mu pico de gallo high. Love that stuff 🙂
You absolutely need to give these crepes a try asap, Dawn! And yes, pico de gallo for LIFE!
Jen | Baked by an Introvert says
I have never thought to make a savory crepe before. You’re a genius! Love the avocado pico!!
Thanks so much girl!!
Denise @ Sweet Peas & Saffron says
Oh. My. Goodness. This is my kind of breakfast! I am a savory breakfast girl for sure! Loving the looks of this, Sarah!
YES! Savory breakfasts for the win! Thanks Denise. 🙂 🙂
Girl looking at these pictures, I got so so hungry!! These look divine and super delicious!!
Thanks so much Ami!!
Why have I never had savory crepes before??? These sound awesome! So colorful and with that pico???
You will LOVE these, Ashley!! Weekend brunch??
I VERY RARELY MAKE SAVORY CREPES, BUT THESE LOOK GORGEOUS! LOVE THE IDEA! PINNING TO MAKE THEM THIS WEEKEND!
Thanks Mira!! I hope you get around to trying these crepes asap!!
These crepes are playing with my eyes — they almost look like breakfast tacos! I love that you did a savory crepe twist, and I would be all over these with the eggs and that awesome avocado salsa!
They ARE sorta like breakfast tacos, except homemade crepes make ’em a zillion times better! 😉 Thanks Marcie!