Eat your taco salad the fun and EASY way in these colorful layered salads.—The chipotle ranch dressing kicks all the flavors up a notch!
Hi again, fellow salad enthusiasts! SO many happy, happy, HAPPY Fridays going your way!
It is, indeed, a very happy Friday. I should probably inform you that as of Wednesday afternoon…this girl is officially on summer break!!
**clinks imaginary margaritas**
I’m unbelievably excited at the prospect of lazy summer days (uh, yeah right—I start my summer job next week) and yet at the same time bummed that yet another semester is over. Not bummed that finals are over though, oyyyyy. —I’m currently working on a recap of this semester goin’ on the blog next week! This was the best one yet. ♥
My plans this first weekend of summer vacay? It’s mostly going to consist of NOT doing homework.
Okay, let’s talk salad finally peeps. Guys, I TOTALLY saved the best of salad-for-dinner series week for last! That’s high salad stakes, y’all. This week has been anything but salad sad.
If at one point you EVER thought you hated salad, I’m positive that I completely changed that mindset this week. I know you’re a total salad lover now.
Still not convinced? I’m changing everything you’ve ever known today with just a little sumthin sumthin called taco salad in a JAR!!
Basically…everything wonderful in layer upon layer of non-sad taco salad.
Like everything you love in a taco plus MORE. Example: that chipotle ranch dressing. SQUEAL!
If you’re new to the whole salad-in-a-jar thing, don’t worry about it. I was significantly late to the jar salad party and only had to eat salad out of a jar for a week straight to make up for lost time.
I’m not saying you should or you shouldn’t. ??
But guys, seriously. This taco salad WINS!! Chipotle dressing strategically goes in the bottom to keep things from getting soggy…and then we build up from there to taco heaven. Taco-seasoned beef, shredded lettuce, black olives, avocado, tomato, cheese, crushed tortilla chips…
*pauses to breathe*
Friday is basically made. By salad, no less.
Layered Taco Salad in a Jar with Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Minced fresh cilantro for garnishing
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Make the salad: In a large skillet, brown beef and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Assemble the salads: In mason jars, layer dressing, lettuce, olives, avocado, tomato, beef mixture, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips. Garnish salads with minced cilantro. Serve salads immediately. Enjoy!
Make sure you click around to all the other salads from this past week!!