Juicy blackberries and tangy rhubarb are a match made in heaven together in this summery crumble that’s piled high with a buttery almond streusel topping.—Don’t forget the whipped cream on top!
The evidence has been all over my blog all week. It must be summer, guys.
Or if it wasn’t before, it sure as heck is NOW, because a good fruit crumble obviously means summer. Which you should probably know is my love language right now.
Oh, wait. You do. I’ve been loudly proclaiming my love for it probably close to a month now.
Let me proclaim love for something else, just to change things up.— Friday!! And this blackberry rhubarb crumble!! Oh, do we ever have things to celebrate. ??
So guys, I hate to admit it but I am the HUGEST fruit crumble snob there is. I require a lot of things for a crumble to stand up to my dessert standards. —>
Number one: it has to have a thick fruit filling. None of those watery flavorless fillings that come out of a can. We use REAL fruit here and blackberries/rhubarb just so happen to be the BEST fruit couple.
Number two: The topping has gotta be kick-yourself AWESOME. Really, it just has to be that good. I’m a streusel snob and require my topping to be buttery with a hint of cinnamon, golden and crumbly, and most importantly there must be a great abundance of it.
Oh-so much streusel. Gah.
I just totally handed you the keys to making your Friday and possibly the rest of your summer the best time of your life.
Can I share with you one last pro tip? If we’re being honest here, you could totally eat this crumble for breakfast and nobody would even go all judgy McJudgerson on you.
BRAINSTORM ALERT!! This crumble + vanilla yogurt. Your weekend breakfast agenda. DO IT. ??
Then of course…once the after-dinner hour rolls around…you should probably bust out the ice cream and/or whipped cream and fix yourself a proper summer dessert where spoons may or may not be necessary depending on your level of crumble hunger.
Seriously. This is summer heaven and I don’t even know about anything anymore.
Let the good blackberry rhubarb crumble times rooooooooooll! With extra whipped cream in every corner of my bowl, please and thank you very much. ✌️✌️
Blackberry Rhubarb Almond Crumble
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb diced
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Whipped cream for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, combine blackberries, rhubarb, sugar, and cornstarch. Spread evenly in the bottom of a greased square 8x8 baking pan.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit filling.
- Bake cobbler at 350F 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Let cool 10 minutes, then serve warm with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Can’t get enough CRUMBLE? Try this Peach Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble next time!