You’ll NEVER have a breakfast more fun than this summertime dutch baby! Juicy strawberries, whipped cream, and plenty of melted chocolate piled inside make it a fun spin off of strawberry shortcake!
On a scale of 1 to 10 I am 100000000% obsessed with that skillet full of dutch baby heaven you see up there. ⇑⇑⇑
You see, we only do our summertime breakfasts the RIGHT way around here.
Observe. I only give you the best summer stuff and this dutch baby is most def the BEST!!
For reals, the best. Don’t pinch me because I just don’t want to wake up from this glorious dream. Not now and not ever for the rest of the summer.
Sidenote: June is practically over, guys. Like next week. WAT the heck? These summer days just need to slooooooow down starting now, please and thanks.
Now we should probably go spend awhile in dutch baby heaven before summer really is over. Follow me this way and don’t look back. —> —>
So what we have here is basically just an XXL baked crepe in a skillet. End of story
Or that’s all it WOULD be if I hadn’t lost my mind last week and manically piled ALL the things you find in strawberry shortcake inside said dutch baby.
Then obviously drizzled the whole beautiful mess with chocolate and dusted powdered sugar on top. Because this is me we’re talking about.
And seriously. I’m like a mad scientist in the kitchen these days. I even look the part when I don’t get around to fixing my hair which happens more often than I’d care to admit.
Anywho. This was most definitely a successful breakfast experiment. I’ve probably made this dutch baby like 3 times in the past week alone. I’m that much hearting all this goodness, y’all. ??
That being said…I will not judge when/if this whole skillet disappears within moments of it’s completion and you’re the one to commit the
It’s no crime to be in LOVE. ♥♥
Strawberry Shortcake Dutch Baby
- 1/4 cup melted butter divided
- 1/2 cup warm milk 110F
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Melted semisweet chocolate for drizzling and powdered sugar for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-in cast iron skillet and place skillet in oven to heat butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour and salt until a smooth batter forms. Remove skillet from oven and carefully pour batter into the bottom. Place skillet back in oven and bake dutch baby at 375F 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
- While dutch baby bakes, make the filling: In a medium bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. Let stand 10 minutes until berries release their juices.
- To assemble the dutch baby, spread whipped cream on top of dutch baby and top with strawberry sauce. Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with powdered sugar if desired. Cut dutch baby into wedges and enjoy!
Obsessed with strawberry shortcake? You should probably try these pancake towers.