Fluffy mashed potatoes and lots of flavorful roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese give these pretty dinner rolls the most unmatchable fluffy texture and incredible flavor!
Allow me to introduce y’all to your newest carb addiction. Your newest/soon-to-be permanent carb addiction if we’re being real here.
And these dinner rolls are very, very real, guys. Very much a huge part of my life currently, along with all other things that scream Thanksgiving-is-freaking-right-on-the-horizion-and-send-haaaaalp.
I think help is being sent in the form of roasted garlic parmesan potato dinner rolls. Love it when help comes in such perfect form. ♥
So perfect, but I think I’d better have 10 more just to make absolute sure.
Okay, it’s dinner roll time, folks!! >>> Don’t even try to hide your excited face.
Today’s carb perfection is brought to you by the one recipe that started all the dinner roll madness which is these perfect little beauties. It’s the starter dough I use for ALL my rolls and guys, it’s proved itself over time to be a keeper.
Today…we ramp things up a little bit and make that dough a little differently but possibly even better. We’re gonna add…
a) Mashed potatoes for texture because it makes these rolls SO unbelievably light and fluffy. The texture is what I imagine a cloud would taste like.
b) Roasted garlic. Oh gosh, it enhances the potato flavor so freaking much and it’s freaking perfect.
c) Parmesan cheese and LOTS of it. I don’t measure at this point, nor do I hold back anything.
Bonus points!!! This recipe makes a toooooon of dinner rolls so you can either a) freeze ’em for later. Or b) eat ’em all right this second.
Gotta tell you, I’m leaning strongly towards door #2, guys. ??
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Potato Dinner Rolls
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced into 1-in cubes
- 4 cloves roasted garlic mashed
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast 1/4 oz package
- 1 cup warm water 110F
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium and let potatoes simmer until very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and let cool 5 minutes then finely mash with roasted garlic until no lumps remain. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand 5 minutes until foamy, then mix in honey, oil, egg, salt, and cooled potato mixture.
- Add 4 cups flour to bowl and mix on medium speed until a smooth dough forms, adding additional flour if needed. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place dough in a large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch risen dough down and divide into 16 pieces. Roll each portion of dough into a smooth ball and place in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water together until smooth and brush over dinner rolls dough. Let rolls rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake dinner rolls at 375F 20-25 minutes or until rolls are a deep golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and broil on high 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove rolls from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes then serve warm. Enjoy!