Studded with tender apple pieces and covered with tons of buttery streusel and glaze, this fall-style banana bread is so addicting, you might eat the entire loaf by yourself!
Valid question: What won’t I apple pie this fall?
And yep, “apple pie” is officially a verb in my book now. Don’t send help.
I’m obviously content over here in the land of apple pie. And even though we’re in the thick of November already, I don’t plan on leaving this land anytime soon until gingerbread and eggnog physically drag me away to pay them the proper attention.
P.S. Spoiler alert: I’m already working on some gingerbread and eggnog recipes for you all whilst continuing my apple spree. Whaaaaaat??
But guys!! It’s time to talk about glazed apple pie streusel banana bread!! My most recurring addiction as of lately. Do I even have to point out why??
I will anyway. —>
Banana bread. It’s moist, ultra-soft and absolutely perfect.
Apples. It’s made perfect-er by throwing apple pie-style things into the mix. A ton of spice and vanilla for flavor, plus tender apple pieces.
Streusel. We all know where I stand on the issue of streusel, and that standpoint is that streusel belongs in everything. The end.
Glaze. Not completeeeeeeely necessary here, but if you ask me…yes, it’s necessary.
And yes, copious amounts of it, please and thanks.
Man, guys. If you don’t end up eating most of this banana bread on your own the minute you’re done making it…I’m gonna be a little worried about you.
Also, I’ll probably demand your leftover slices.
Apple pie land for life, guys. ♥
Glazed Apple Pie Streusel Banana Bread
- 4 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples peeled and diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the bread: In a medium bowl, beat mashed banana, sugar, oil, yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt until smooth. Fold in apples. Spread batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, combine flour, pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake banana bread at 350F 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the icing: In a small bowl, whisk all icing ingredients until smooth. Remove bread from pan and place on a wire cooling rack. Drizzle bread with icing and let stand 5 minutes to set. Slice bread and enjoy!
Make sure you give this Banana Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread a try next!!