Pumpkin bread and banana bread collide with plenty of chocolate in this banana chocolate chip pumpkin bread that’s sure to become a fall favorite!
That humiliating/slightly horrifying moment when you realize that you don’t have a single pumpkin bread recipe on your blog….
…after nearly four freaking years, you guys.
What is our world even coming to? I don’t even know.
What I do know though is that we should probably just eat an entire loaf of this banana chocolate chip pumpkin bread and try to figure it out.
It’s not running away from your problems, guys. It’s like running straight to them and taking care of business.
Very delicious business. This pumpkin bread RULES!
This Banana Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread features…
- An incredibly soft pumpkin bread base
- Made even SOFTER with the addition of mashed banana
- Tons of warming fall spice flavor from pumpkin pie spice
- Chocolate chips studding each and every bite ♥
Making the Banana Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe!)
For the liquid ingredients: you’re going to need 2 very ripe mashed bananas, pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut sugar (or light brown sugar), a little vegetable oil, and vanilla.
For the dry ingredients: you’re going to need flour, baking soda, a little salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
As per standard quick bread procedure, fold the dry ingredients into the liquid until the batter is just combined.
Don’t forget to fold in ALL the chocolate chips! Most important step obviously.
Baking the Bread
Bake the bread at 350F 50-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
It might be tempting to dig into the bread right away, but make sure you let it cool on a wire cooling rack at least an hour before slicing and digging in!
Storing the Bread
This bread keeps up to 4 days sealed on the countertop. (if it lasts that long!!)
You can also freeze this bread for up to 2 months if you want to make a double or triple batch. It freezes and defrosts beautifully!
Incredibly soft, bursting with pumpkin + banana flavors, and exploding with gooey chocolate. What more could you ask of a humble little loaf of pumpkin bread?
And with that, I do believe that Monday is made.
I think we all know how we’re spending the rest of fall baking season!
Watch this pumpkin bread made step-by-step on Google Web Stories!
Try these other pumpkin treats out if you’re looking for more!
- Pumpkin Salted Butterscotch Tart
- Milk Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Tart
- Coconut Pumpkin Pie Mini Cheesecakes
Banana Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over the sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed banana, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and gently smooth top. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake bread at 350F 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread completely, then remove from pan and slice. Enjoy!
For a step-by-step guide to making this recipe, check out the video!