Unbelievably soft and fluffy inside and loaded with a double-whammy of juicy berries, these multi-grain pancakes are super easy to whip up and only 225 calories per two pancakes!
If there was ever a pancake out there that you’d want to stack all the way up to the heavens…it would most definitely be these ones.
And yep, I AM talking about a stack of multi-grain pancakes, you guys. This is no accident.
Or if it is an accident…it’s one I can definitely handle with zeroooooo problems.
99 problems, but a stack of extra-fluffy, extra-HEALTHY berry-packed pancakes ain’t one of ’em.
Okay, guys so here’s how this multi-grain pancakes business works. We’re gonna take my base pancake batter that I use for literally every single pancake recipe you see on my blog and give it a bit of a health-nut facelift.
I cut out a significant amount of the oil, and instead load up the batter with greek yogurt to make these pancakes rise high and fluffy.
Quick-cooking oats, cornmeal, and white whole wheat flour are the trio that bring the multi-grain goodness into play and it does pretty amazing things texture-wise.
All the multi-grain pancakes glory is made complete by the addition of a double-whammy of berries. Read: an insane amount of berries. Like half batter, half berries we’re talking here.
Did I mention these pancakes are only 225 calories per not one but TWO pancakes? (!!!)
All bets are entirely off once you bring maple syrup waterfalls into the pancake party.
Now would probably be the best time to evaluate how your life could POSSIBLY get any better than this. >>>
Spoiler alert: it just can’t possibly. ???
Healthy Mixed Berry Multi-Grain Pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh diced strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, oil, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Flour flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. Fold in berries.
- On a greased hot skillet over medium-high heat, cook pancakes by 1/4 cupfuls in batches 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, flipping once. Serve pancakes immediately warm with maple syrup. Enjoy!
Healthy pancakes are kinda my thing. Try these blueberry sour cream ones next!!