Piled high with oatmeal streusel and packed with juicy blueberries, these super-moist blueberry sour cream muffins are better than any bakery!
Let it be known that I am a streusel-aholic. I would not say no to streusel on just about anything and ALL the things sweet.
That being said…now you have a valid reason as to why these blueberry sour cream muffins are literally collapsing under the weight of their streusel topping.
^^^ the way things should be.
So the batter for these blueberry sour cream muffins are going to follow MOSTLY my standard muffin base I use for all the muffins you see around here.
Minor changes we will be making include cutting the butter content down by half and throwing a ton of sour cream into the batter.—it makes these muffins SO unbelievably moist!
Unbelievably moist + juicy blueberries exploding in your mouth after each bite + streusel by the ton.
I think it’s safe to say we’ve all found our new spirit animal in a muffin no less.
Why else would we feel the need to DEMOLISH the entire batch straight from the oven?
New favorite blueberry muffin without a doubt, you guys. And that’s saying a LOT because I’m kinda a muffin snob.
Do yourself a favor and pleaaaaaaase don’t do anything less than making this ENTIRE batch of muffin goodness disappear within the day of their creation.
Oatmeal Streusel Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries tossed with 1 tablespoon flour (if using frozen, do not thaw)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with 16 muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, agave, sour cream, eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to bowl and gently fold until batter is just combined. Gently fold in flour-coated blueberries. Fill prepared muffin tins 3/4 full of batter. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over filled muffin tins and gently press to adhere crumbs to batter.
- Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking an additional 13-15 minutes until muffins test done with a toothpick. Cool in pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy muffins warm!