Flavorful blackened chicken, avocado, and tons of other Mexican-style goodness collide in this loaded Mexican salad that is SO easy to throw together—you’ll be making it all summer!
Savory grilled Mexican salad to help you through your sugar crash you undoubtedly are experiencing today. Since after all, Mother’s Day usually consists of breakfast pastries x1000 and a looooot of chocolate.
Whatever the case, we probably need a salad today. And a loaded-to-capacity one, please and thanks so much.
We’ve had our discussions time and time again about how loaded salads are absolutely a must around here so hopefully I don’t have to explain why?
Just trust me that it’s a good thing for salads.
Here’s a quickie salad run-down. >>>
- Kickin’ slightly-spicy blackened chicken. Trust me, that spice mix is a KEEPER!
- Silky avocado and no shortage of it. Along with all the other Mexican things we love like beans, corn, tomatoes, cheese, etc.
- A simple yet game-changing lime vinaigrette that brings ALL the flavors home.
Ahhhhhh that first pour is always the best. The salad lust is obviously getting real.
And you are quite obviously getting very hungry and making Mexican salad plans, yes?
Honestly, hang onto this killer salad ALL summer because it’s the BEST dinner-go-to and you’re never ever gonna get tired of it.
And if by any chance you do…you know where to send those leftovers.
Blackened Chicken Avocado Mexican Salad
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 mediums avocados sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small jalapeno finely minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the chicken: In a small bowl, combine seasonings. Pat chicken breasts dry and rub with olive oil. Rub seasoning mixture on both sides of chicken. Grill chicken over medium-high heat 10-15 minutes, turning once until chicken registers 165F. Cool chicken then slice into strips.
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients and blackened chicken.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad right before serving and toss to coat. Serve salad cold and enjoy!