A homemade orange teriyaki sauce transforms this easy beef and broccoli stir-fry into an unbelievably flavorful one-pot dinner that the whole family will love!
Ahhhh, yes!! The return of the stir-fries!! Not that there’s been any shortage of them the past few months, but more is always gonna be a preferred thing.
Also, I want to accidentally get hopelessly trapped in a pan of this orange teriyaki beef and broccoli stir-fry. Just throwing that desire out there.
As you may have read in this post, beef and broccoli has kinda become my go-to stir fry ever since I met Jason. He introduced me to his family’s recipe and naturally I had to be all annoying and tweak things to make it “Sarah-specialized.”
I’ve been told by multiple people before that I’m a destroyer of tradition. ??
I’m also okay with that so this is round two of my beef and broccoli obsession and trust me: it’s a good kinda obsession to get into.
It’s the EASIEST DINNER EVER, you guys!! Beef, onions, broccoli, and garlic get pan-fried. My homemade (killer x10000) orange teriyaki sauce gets made right in the pan, mandarin oranges join the party and then the whole thing gets dumped on a pile of fluffy rice. <<< we nailed this obviously.
Jason and I totally demolished all of this beef and broccoli stir-fry in the space of only one day, guys. ONE DAY!! Granted, J ate about 3/4 of it since he’s your typical bottomless-pit-for-beef dude, but still if that’s ANY indication…
The indication being that you need this in your dinner life like last week. ???
Orange Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb beef round steak cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, broccoli, onion, and garlic in olive oil until broccoli is nearly tender and beef is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and cornstarch until smooth. Pour over beef mixture and stir occasionally until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in oranges and salt and pepper to taste. Serve stir-fry over hot rice and enjoy!