Classic beef and broccoli stir-fry gets a tropical makeover with sweet pineapple and the most AMAZING sauce ever! Ready to go in 20 minutes and you probably have all the ingredients!
I’m here to inform you that your dinner schedule is officially filled for roughly about the next 7 months.
For the sole reason which is that this beef and broccoli stir-fry is literally just about everything and trust me, you’re gonna believe it.
Okay, EVERY night might be pushing it a little bit, but can you blame me for listing it as an option? Please take a gander at this beef and broccoli stir-fry y’all. And by gander I mean, maybe just let your face fall into it?
Classic beef and broccoli just got matched up with pineapple steroids is the gist of it. This is a very good day in beef-lover’s land.
Also, please go ahead and thank Jason for the fact that this dinner masterpiece even came to be. Stir-fries and basically anything with meat and rice is his favorite kind of meal so when I laid out a list of dinner options the other day and told him to choose he instantly chose pineapple beef and broccoli.
Being the normal couple we are, the two of us ended up making this stir-fry together at 9:30am one morning and by 10am we were sitting down and having stir-fry for brunch. <<< I’d do it all over again.
We both loved it probably a little too much. Let’s just say that whole skillet up there ended up being demolished solely by the two of us in the space of one day.
And again…I’d do it all over again and so would he.??
This stir-fry is almost frighteningly easy if you happen to run out as fast as we did. << Simply brown the beef, onions, broccoli. Sauce gets made right in the pan. Pineapple gets thrown on top and the whole thing gets cozy on a big pile of rice.
Or just eating it straight outta the skillet? It’s been known to happen accidentally and I would attest to the fact that it’s one of the better ways.
Seriously, pineapple was obviously born to live with beef and broccoli. ^^^ Happily ever after.
Pineapple Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 lb beef round steak cut into thin strips
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, broccoli, onion, and garlic in olive oil until broccoli is nearly tender and beef is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. Pour over beef and add pineapple tidbits. Stir occasionally until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve stir-fry warm over hot rice. Enjoy!