Picture-perfect fried eggs sit on top of a flavorful rainbow vegetable hash for a super-healthy, quick, and gorgeous savory breakfast!
So honestly, if this isn’t a picture-perfect Monday breakfast I don’t even know what is, guys.
Many heart eyes needed to portray our feelings about this obviously. ???
It’s the ULTIMATE LAZY PERSON’S BREAKFAST. Breakfast is easily my laziest meal, guys and I’m not even ashamed to admit it. The most motivation I have is to make coffee and that’s it.
Of course, all this happened before I had perfect fried eggs + rainbow veggie hash in my life. Obviously the breakfast game has changed for the better.
Alright, THREE steps involved in our new Monday breakfast of champs, y’all.
- Pre-boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes (I know, I know, a bit of a pain but it’s worth it, trust me!)
- Saute a big ‘ol onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in your biggest pan and then add your taters. Let the veggies cook on the bottom for a little bit before flipping them so they get crispy!
- Last but not least, fry up a few gorgeous eggs and slide ’em right on top of breakfast heaven.
Truth be told, I ate these fried eggs and hash for breakfast one morning and then for dinner the next day. I’m not a cliche college kid or anything, guys, promise. ??
Only veeeeeeery onboard with the idea of savory breakfast 24/7. <<< yes.
Perfect Fried Eggs with Rainbow Veggie Hash
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 large sweet pepper cored and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- Place potato and sweet potato cubes in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are crisp-tender. Drain and dry potatoes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until shimmery. Add peppers, onions, garlic, and pre-cooked potatoes to pan and occasionally turn veggies until crisp and cooked through. Add parsley to pan and season hash with salt and pepper to taste. Keep hash warm.
- In a separate pan heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan, and fry 2-3 minutes until edges are golden and egg is set. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Use a spatula to remove eggs from pan and place on top of hash. Serve immediately and enjoy!