Kickin’ jalapeno and tons of cheesy goodness make this simple cheddar quick bread impossible to stop eating! It’s the perfect chili sidekick.
So I’ve recently made a decision that anytime and every single time I have soup, I have to have a constant supply of this cheddar quick bread within arms reach.
My freezer currently has a hopefully-never-ending stack of this bread so it’s all good in soup land right now. ??
Guys, this bread. I’m a HUGE fan of spicy hanging out with cheesy and jalapenos + cheddar are pretty much my ULTIMATE combo. And in a cheesy bread? Just died a little bit.
And again, soup without this cheddar quick bread right now is just a huge no-no.
Words can’t even describe how incredibly easy this bread is and how at the same time it’s just SO dang good. Literally only a HANDFUL of basic quick bread ingredients like butter, eggs, milk, etc get piled in one big bowl for our batter. The batter will be a bit on the thin side but this makes for a SUPER moist bread!
Then of course piles of cheese and finely-minced jalapenos make their entrance. They ain’t holding back anything. ??
I swear, sinking yo teeth into this bread piping-hot from the oven while the cheese is gooey and the jalapenos are slightly-firey is just about the only thing I’m obsessed with right now, guys.
Over-the-top suggestion from a pro? CHILI WITH THIS BREAD. Died and went into a pretty sweet food coma.
Cheesy Jalapeno Cheddar Quick Bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 9-in loaf pan. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, eggs, milk, and vinegar until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar, gently mixing until a smooth batter forms. Fold in cheese and jalapeno.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake quick bread at 350F 45-50 minutes or until golden-brown and a toothpick tests done. Cool completely in pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Slice and enjoy!