Classic comfort food chicken noodle soup is jazzed up with the flavorful combo of lemon and rosemary and the whole thing is made entirely in your instant pot in only 20 minutes!
I’m hopelessly addicted to making pretty much everything in my instant pot now, guys. I’ve no doubt turned into one of THOSE people. ??
The regrets though? They’re ranging around zero. Cause lazy dinner-makers REJOICE, instant pots basically do all the work for you.
On the lazy-cook’s dinner agenda today…knock-ya-dead-AMAZING chicken noodle soup. Made in 20 minutes and tastes like it’s been simmering all day, mind you.
Oh, and it’s not your regular run-of-the-mill chicken noodle soup either cause that’s just not how we roll around here. Fresh lemon + rosemary are hired to appear in all my soups forever. ??
I’m forever making all my soups in the instant pot now because of how much intense FLAVOR gets built up in only a few short minutes. This chicken noodle soup is legit such a breeze and tastes like your grandma spent all day making it. (no, really)
Basically steps are as follows. >>>
- Using the Saute setting, brown a few chicken breasts on both sides then throw some basic soup veggies into the pot and let those get a little tender.
- Dump a ton of seasonings, chicken stock, half-and-half (adds a subtle richness!) and flour into the pot and let that cook on High Pressure.
- Then…remove the chicken breasts and shred ’em. Dump a ton of elbows into the pot and let that cook on Saute setting for a little while until the pasta is tender. Throw the chicken back in the pot along with a hefty amount of lemon goodness…
…and now it’s definitely time to break out your largest soup bowls. And bake up a batch of this bread too if you’re feeling like you need SOMETHING to soak up in all that broth-y soup goodness. ?
And you definitely do. You want every DROP of this “lazy” soup masterpiece.
Instant Pot Lemon Rosemary Chicken Noodle Soup
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots (1-in cubes)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 8 oz uncooked elbow pasta
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using the Saute setting on instant pot, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in remaining drippings until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken back to instant pot along with rosemary, and chicken broth. In a small bowl, whisk half-and-half with flour and add to pot. Stir to combine. Cook soup on High Pressure setting 20 minutes. Then turn heat off and let steam release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from instant pot and place on a cutting board. Set instant pot to Saute mode and bring to a boil. Add noodles to soup and let cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, use a fork to shred the cooked chicken.
- Add chicken back to pot along with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup hot and enjoy!