This flavorful twist on classic cashew chicken stir-fry features tons of sweet peppers and fresh ginger in a rich sauce. Pile it all over a mound of rice for a dinner WAY better than take-out!
Cashew chicken stir-fry is arguably the best dinner your Monday night could ever see, guys. And I won’t even pretend that this hasn’t also been dinner the entire weekend too. ??
In between like many, maaaaaaany lemon poppyseed drop scones of course.
So this isn’t by any means our first rodeo with cashew chicken stir-fry, guys, but it’s by far the current favorite. Check back with me on that once the next knock-off goes up on the blog. ✌✌
But really, is there ANYTHING to hate about cashew chicken getting hit by a flavor party of fresh ginger? Or sweet peppers hanging out in every corner? Paired with all the classic goodness about cashew chicken and I think we’ve got ourselves a winner, guys.
Like most of my other stir-fries, this gem of a dinner is made in 30 minutes FLAT and that includes time to cook up a huge mess of rice too. Par the course for most stir-fries, it’s just chop, chop, saute for awhile, make a dang awesome sauce, let it all simmer a little while and then pile it in the most COPIOUS of amounts over hot rice.
It’s sweet, it’s salty, it’s crunchy, and the chicken is ridiculously tender too. Brutally honest truth is that you’re gonna fire take-out forever.
And let’s all just agree on the obvious which is that cashew chicken must become a Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, and so on kinda dinner plan.
Don’t even pretend that I don’t have the best ideas sometimes. ??
Sweet Pepper Ginger Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large sweet pepper, diced into 1-in cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add chicken, onion, pepper, garlic, and ginger to pan and saute stirring occasionally 8-10 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch mixture, and vinegar until smooth. Return chicken mixture to medium heat and pour sauce into pan. Stir several minutes until sauce is bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in toasted cashews, salt and pepper to taste, and parsley. Serve chicken stir-fry hot over hot rice and enjoy!