Sweet pineapple and savory beef are a match made in heaven in this sweet ‘n’ spicy pineapple beef chili made in mere MINUTES in the instant pot!
Ummm hey. So I just found this cheesy bread’s life partner, guys. No big deal, except for it’s just about the most dynamite pineapple beef chili in all the land.
And instant pot, obviously. Are you even surprised?
The amount of actual COOKING cooking I do these days thanks to my instant pot is slightly embarrassing, guys.
But I can live with that. Because hey, we’ve got KILLER CHILI in the house.
So pineapple beef chili, guys. Sweet ‘n’ spicy lovers REJOICE because this one is so up your alley. Prep is as follows. >>>
- Using the Brown/Saute mode on the instant pot, we’re just gonna brown the beef with garlic, onions, etc.
- Then simply pile EVERYTHING else in the pot. Set it on High Pressure for 10 minutes and that’s all she wrote, guys. Allow it to release pressure for about 10 minutes and then we’ve got one freaking.killer.chili.
I prefer to chow down on this pineapple beef chili the good ‘ol fashioned Wisconsin chili way which is piles of cheese. Basic and basically the best.
Basically I’m never eating anything else for dinner again, kbye.
Instant Pot Pineapple Beef Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium sweet pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 (15 oz) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese for topping
- Using the Saute setting on instant pot, brown beef, onion, pepper, and garlic until beef is no longer pink and veggies are golden. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and tomato paste and cook 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, beans, corn, pineapple, beef broth, and parsley until combined. Lock lid on instant pot and cook on High Pressure setting 10 minutes. Allow to release pressure for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove lid from chili and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chili hot with cheese on top. Enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I’ve been loving my instant pot and am looking for more recipes to try! This chili is definitely going on the list! I love the flavor combo, Sarah! SO creative! I’ve never had a pineapple chili before, so I’m intrigued. Sounds like the perfect comfort meal!
The sweet and savory flavors are seriously SO good together! 🙂 Thanks Gayle!
thank you sae and team for this update..love you!
Jovan L Mcdaniel says
So I made this in my crockpot set to cook 8-10 hours and it turned out a huge hit at my jobs Halloween chili cook off. It won 1st place out of 6 other chili recipes but I did tweak the recipe a bit when it came to seasoning, adding more or less as needed and didn’t top with cheese but overall I Loved it as well. Will definitely be making again, Thanks.
Yay!! I’m SO happy to heaer that, Jovan! Thanks for stopping by to let me know!