Flavorful roasted red peppers and feta are tossed with a fresh basil vinaigrette to create this gorgeous roasted red pepper feta pasta salad perfect for any spring or summer gathering!
Jumping the gun on salad season a little bit here, guys. That’s me every dang year and the regrets are nowhere to be found.
My only regrets is that there is still freaking snow on the ground where I’m at (sob) so it’s only just SLIGHTLY cramping my salad style.
But really, could snow in April keep ya down when you have eye-popping salads like THIS staring you in the face? Or better yet IN your face.
Pro tip: if you have to choose, choose to have it in your face. Roasted red pepper feta pasta salad up to yo eyeballs preferably. ☺☺
For those of you that don’t know, I’m the HUGEST fan ever of roasted red peppers + feta hanging out together. They’re my #1 combo choice of toppings for Domino’s pizza and yes, I’m aware that sounds a little weird but it’s so good. And surprise, surprise it’s equally amazing in pasta salad form with gorg basil vinaigrette drizzled into every crack.
1. Throw your salad together. You can do this WAY ahead of time as a time-saver. Simply throw cooked bow-tie pasta, baby spinach leaves, red onion, roasted red peppers, and toooons of feta in your prettiest salad bowl. Step one done!
2. You can also make your basil vinaigrette ahead of time and then just toss it in your salad just before chow time. Basil leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, a little dried mustard, agave syrup, and salt and pepper to taste get a whirl in the food processor and that’s it.
And I’m pretty sure we’re all ready to go live in this salad now. ♥
I like to top my PERSONAL bowl of roasted red pepper feta pasta salad with…well, even more feta, okay? Don’t judge me.
Also, please don’t ask me what size my personal bowl is.
Roasted Red Pepper Feta Pasta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- 12 oz cooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup sliced roasted red peppers, drained
- 1-1/2 cups torn baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Chill in refrigerator while preparing the vinaigrette.
- In a food processor, pulse oil, lemon juice, agave, and mustard until smooth. Gradually pulse in basil leaves until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Season salad with additional salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve and enjoy!