Tangy raspberries and dark gooey chocolate are a match made in HEAVEN in these dark chocolate raspberry oatmeal crumb bars! You won’t want to share these beauties.
Despite my every intention of NEVER EVER sharing these dark chocolate raspberry oatmeal crumb bars…..I had to, guys. Way too much of the most amazing thing ever.
Helloooooo, there’s dark chocolate + PINK raspberries + STREUSEL (!!!)
Also I promise there’s oatmeal in there. Sooooo breakfast material?
Glad we’re all on the same page. Friday is a good day to eat dark chocolate raspberry oatmeal crumb bars all day, yes?
Alright I’m about to give you a run-down into ALL THE GOODS these bars pack inside them. It is also necessary that you have your iced coffee or milk nearby, so plan accordingly. Also plan to eat copious amounts of these? Kinda goes without saying.
- Crust. A buttery oatmeal cookie-like crust makes up the base of these bars and it is KILLER good.
- Fresh raspberries + raspberry jam make up the berry filling and it is SO freaking simple yet so sweet, tangy and amazing.
- Topping. SPOILER ALERT: it’s the same stuff as the crust only I toss a handful of dark chocolate into the party cause well, I shouldn’t need to explain that I hope?
This all bakes up into literally the dreamiest bars you could ever imagine. The smooth dark chocolate is seriously the BEST combo with the tangy raspberries. I could eat a whole batch of these solo, y’all.
Can and will? Ask me to prove it.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Oatmeal Crumb Bars
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 8x8 square baking pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, yogurt, and vanilla until crumbly. Set aside 1/3 of crumb mixture and gently pat remaining crumbs in the bottom of prepared pan. Bake crust at 350F 8-10 minutes or until a light golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries and jam and then spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumbs and dark chocolate chips on top and gently press to adhere.
- Bake bars at 375F 18-20 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven and cool completely. Once bars are cooled, use the foil to remove bars from pan. Slice bars into squares and enjoy!