Hearty, flavorful turkey sausage bolognese sauce is made in mere MINUTES in the instant pot and it tastes like it simmered all day! Serve it fresh over noodles or freeze it for later.
Cozy dinner food for the week comin’ in HOT, guys.
And for me, you know that means we’re talking about a big ‘ol bowl of noodles. And a HEAVY dumping of hearty turkey sausage bolognese sauce straight from my love, the instant pot.
This bolognese sauce legit tastes like something your grandma would simmer on the stove for like 10 hours or something like that.
Hellooooo. Our handy dandy instant pot cooks up this beauty in 15 minutes. Gotta say, 10 hours of waiting would probably build up a ton of anticipation but……cozy food in 15 minutes? I like the sound of that timeline better.
So the best thing about a bolognese sauce for me is how HEARTY and packed with goodness it is. I like my sauces chunky and full ‘o the good stuff. >>>
The bast for this sauce is browned turkey sausage, (if you can’t find this, feel free to use any kind of sausage or even ground turkey) onions, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and a whooooole bunch of seasonings, a little bit of red wine, and crushed tomatoes.
^^ Cook all that goodness on high pressure 15 minutes then let it release pressure naturally for about 5 minutes. Remove all the herb sprigs and stir a little bit of butter into the sauce to add one little last touch of richness.
Could honestly eat this turkey sausage bolognese sauce with a spoon straight from the pot buuuuuut….c’mon, when did a pile of noodles and a pile of Parm cheese ever hurt anyone?
ALSO!! Leftovers of this sauce freeze quite beautifully. Like so beautifully. You’re welcome.
Instant Pot Turkey Sausage Bolognese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced into 1/2-in pieces
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, finely diced into 1/2-in pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot pasta for serving
- Heat olive oil in instant pot set to SAUTE function. Brown sausage, garlic, onion, and carrot, breaking sausage into bite-sized pieces until no longer pink.
- Add red wine, mushrooms, oregano, rosemary, tomatoes, and tomato paste to instant pot and stir until combined. Fasten lid onto instant pot and cook on HIGH pressure 15 minutes then allow to release steam naturally 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir sauce. Remove herb sprigs and stir butter into sauce until melted. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot over pasta. Enjoy!