A creamy mascarpone sauce, roasted red peppers, and spinach are the most flavorful trio in this easy skillet orechiette pasta!
Finals week got me looking like I wanna devour an entire skillet of orechiette pasta.
Maybe an entire skillet for each final? That’ll be six, please and thanks.
Seriously. This is like my new carb addiction. Stress eating is a thing and this creamy roasted red pepper spinach orechiette pasta is my freaking thing.
And pasta is like all of our things yes? So we can all hang out.
The sauce for this orechiette pasta. Oh my gosh, the SAUCE. It’s kinda magic sauce because its not technically an alfredo sauce and yet its super duper creamy and amazing in every single way.
Also it’s mascarpone cheese. So its gonna be bomb. You can use cream cheese if you can’t find mascarpone but pleaaaaaaase try to make the m cheese game happen. It’s seriously so good. And roasted red peppers + spinach + PARM never hurt anyone either.
It just makes for a pretty freaking GOALWORTHY pasta night. Which is every night if you’re doin’ life right.
Also, if you need me for the next three days of finals I’ll be taking my own advice and burying my face in ALLL this creamy carb goodness.
You can hang with me.
Mascarpone Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Orechiette Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup jarred sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 12 oz hot orechiette pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add garlic to pan and saute 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium and stir in spinach and roasted red peppers. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in mascarpone cheese and slowly drizzle in chicken broth until smooth. Add cooked pasta and stir until coated. Stir pasta occasionally until heated through then season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply