A savory peanut sauce covers every inch of this flavor-packed peanut satay chicken stir-fry! Load it up with all your favorite vegetables and pile it over hot fluffy rice.
This is the stir-fry of 2019, guys. I am calling it now. And eating it for approximately forever.
The sauce. The SAUCE, guys. I’d eat anything and everything covered in this peanut satay sauce.
What else do we even need from a stir-fry other than THE PEANUT SATAY SAUCE?
I guess an armful of pretty veggies and a mess of tender chicken never hurt anyone.
All piled over tons ‘o fluffy rice of course. Dinner of ’19, guys. You aren’t gonna hate it.
There’s basically just THREE steps standing between you and this chicken stir-fry >
- Saute the chicken + garlic until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Saute the veggies. I use a mixture of sweet peppers, sugar snap peas, broccoli, and onions. Totally feel free to mix and match veggies for your favs!
- SAUCE. Its the leader of our stir fry dream team. Creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch cook up into a thick, luscious sauce that’ll coat every inch of stir-fry goodness.
And you will then feel inclined to eat every inch of the pan. Straight outta the pan with both hands probs.
Honest to goodness would eat this peanut satay chicken stir-fry every night, guys.
JUST DO IT. Big batch tonight, dinner alllllll week and forever.
Peanut Satay Chicken Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 medium sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat until shimmery. Add chicken and onion to skillet and saute several minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic to skillet and saute an additional minute until garlic is fragrant. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil until shimmery. Saute broccoli, sugar snap peas, and red pepper 5-8 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken back to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch mixture until smooth. Add to chicken mixture and let stir-fry cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Add parsley to stir-fry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot over rice and enjoy!