A savory peanut sauce covers every inch of this flavorful peanut satay chicken stir fry! Load it up with all your favorite vegetables and pile it over hot fluffy rice.
Meet the stir fry that might singlehandedly convince you to retire the takeout for awhile.
We love a good chicken + veggie stir fry around here, but I’m about to introduce you to an insane game-changer.
Peanut satay sauce. It’s sweet, it’s tangy, it’s creamy, and it’s about to find its way into your stir fry game.
What else do we even need from a stir-fry other than THE PEANUT SATAY SAUCE? I guess an armful of pretty veggies and a mess of tender chicken never hurt anyone.
All piled over tons of fluffy rice of course. Dinner of your lives, guys. You aren’t gonna hate it.
This Peanut Satay Chicken Stir Fry features…
- Juicy chicken pieces
- A rainbow of tender, healthy veggies
- A creamy, flavorful peanut satay sauce
- Tons of hot fluffy rice for serving with stir fry
Making Peanut Satay Chicken Stir-Fry
(scroll to bottom of page for the full recipe!)
I recommend boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. Slice them into bite-sized thin strips and they are ready to be cooked!
If you don’t have breasts on hand, boneless skinless chicken thighs also work great for this recipe! Cook them the same as the recipe directs for the breasts.
Picking Stir Fry Veggies
I use a simple base of onions, sweet peppers, broccoli, and peas for this stir fry, but the sky’s the limit for what veggies you can use!
A few of our other favorites…
- Zucchini/summer squash
- Shredded cabbage
- Baby corn
Making Peanut Satay Sauce
This sauce is incredibly easy to prepare AND you can even make it ahead of time and store in the fridge!
You’re going to need…
- Creamy peanut butter
- Soy sauce
- White vinegar
- Sugar (light brown sugar or coconut sugar both work!)
That’s it! Mix everything up until smooth and then it gets added straight into your pan of stir fried veggies + chicken.
What to Serve with Stir Fry
- Fluffy jasmine rice
- Tender brown rice
- Cauliflower rice
- Hot cooked quinoa
Every bit of this stir fry just screams better-than-takeout!
The savory, creamy peanut sauce covering the juicy chicken and tender veggies is just something magic.
Just one of those dinners that you’ll find makes it’s way onto the dinner rotation regularly! Meet your new stir fry fav. ♥
Watch this stir fry made step-by-step on Google web stories!
Peanut Satay Chicken Stir-Fry
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups snow peas
- 1 medium sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat until shimmery. Add chicken and onion to skillet and saute several minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic to skillet and saute an additional minute until garlic is fragrant. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil until shimmery. Saute broccoli, sugar snap peas, and red pepper 5-8 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken back to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch mixture until smooth. Add to chicken mixture and let stir-fry cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Add parsley to stir-fry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot over rice and enjoy!