Lots of fresh lemon and tangy cream cheese are a DREAM combo in these Meyer lemon cream cheese muffins! Top these beauties off with lots of cream cheese glaze.
One look at these muffins tells you I’m ready for spring in a HUGE way.
The weather may not be playing nice with my wishes, but dang, if these muffins aren’t hitting the spot. ??
For me, anything with lemon in it automatically means its screamin’ spring. So Meyer lemon cream cheese muffins are a go to encourage the swift and hasty exit of winter.
Don’t even ask me how excited I am for that extra hour of sun starting next week. So.much.excitement.
In the interest of encouraging spring to arrive, we all need to make these lemon cream cheese muffins a TOP PRIORITY. You won’t have an issue with that, trust me. They are currently my favorite muffin for good reason.
The batter is SO simple and follows my standard base that I use for all the muffin biz around here. Gives ya a perfectly light and soft muffin every time.
Today’s muffins are even SOFTER and more rich if you can believe that. Cream cheese in the batter gives it a slight tangyness and a whooooole lotta good texture. Lemon juice + zest gives us all that incredible fresh lemon flavor and c’mon, what else would we top all this goodness off with other than cream cheese glaze?
^^^ ‘Lookit how SOFT INSIDE!!!!!
Any lemon lovers dream meal is right here. Yes, I did call these a meal because if you eat enough of them, they qualify okay?
Glazed Meyer Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line one 12-cup muffin tins with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter, sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice, zest, egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to bowl and gently fold until batter is just combined. Fill prepared muffin tins 3/4 full of batter. Set aside.
- Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking an additional 13-15 minutes until muffins test done with a toothpick. Cool in pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until completely creamy, about 2 minutes. Slowly beat in lemon zest, vanilla and just enough milk to make a drizzling consistency, adding additional powdered sugar if needed.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!