Classic buttery pound cake is transformed into a coffee-lover’s dream! This gorgeous espresso pound cake hits the spot with a fresh brew of coffee.
Hypothetical question: If a certain cake has coffee in it + is preferably served with coffee, does that make it breakfast material?
I’m leaning towards yes, just cause its ticking all the boxes in my mind, guys.
The coffee freak in me is going a little haywire today, because this is ESPRESSO pound cake in the house. Automatic obsession of any lover of the coffees.
Where’s all my coffee people at??? I brought y’all the best way to have a pound cake ever. Period.
Pound cakes are a rare species of cake in my mind. They’re so simple, nostalgic, classic, and all that good stuff. They don’t need fancy glazes to be good, they’re just SO cozy and amazing all on their own.
This espresso pound cake captures all the essence of that AND throws espresso into the cake party. Brewed espresso in both the batter + brushed on top of the cake warm outta the oven gives it an incredible coffee flavor, yet still lets the buttery, soft goodness that is pound cake shine through.
A quick dusting of powdered sugar + brewing up a cozy cup ‘o coffee is all that’s left to do before you get cozy with this cake.
When the simple cake things in life speak for themselves……ahhhhhhh! It’s always a good day in cake land.
Even better a day if you start it off with aforementioned cake. We’ve established that breakfast is a GO.
Espresso Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso, divided
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in loaf pan with tin foil and lightly grease and flour. Set aside
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until completely smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla and and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in 1/4 cup espresso, flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake pound cake at 350F 55-60 minutes or until toothpick tests done. Brush warm cake with remaining 1/4 cup brewed espresso.
- Let cake cool in pan 20 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Dust top of cake with powdered sugar then slice and enjoy!