Flavorful shiitake mushrooms are incredibly good paired with a rich garlic butter sauce, sharp Asiago cheese, and lots of cheese-filled tortellini in this killer garlic butter Asiago tortellini skillet!
A moment of silence please for the world’s FREAKING BEST Monday food.
We got buttah. We got cheese. We got pasta filled with cheese. Hold down the screams of excitement, please.
Current.Fave.Pasta. There are even SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS hangin’ out in this skillet of carb goodness. Don’t even ask, THIS is just one of those meals that’ll be eaten straight outta the skillet when nobody’s looking.
Or when everybody’s looking, cause trust me: EVERYONE will be eye goggling this garlic butter Asiago tortellini. With those hungry sorta eyes.
First on the agenda is makin’ our base to TASTINESS which is the garlic butter sauce. No frills, no fancy, just melt a few tablespoons of butter and saute your shiitakes, shallot, and garlic in it. It’s SO GOOD, but wait there’s more!
Pile in all dat tortellini goodness and make sure you sneak a few pieces. Pile even more cheese + herbs on top and toss it aaaaaall around til that butter sauce coats every inch.
Theeeen…we’re all gonna embrace our inner magician and make that entire skillet ‘o garlic butter Asiago tortellini disappear. ??
Would gladly eat this tortellini every Monday and every day in between Monday. All.That.CHEESE. Please.
There is nothin’ better than this, guys. It’s simple, everyday COZY food that is just a freakin’ thing of carb beauty.
Shiitake Mushroom Garlic Butter Asiago Tortellini
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 12 oz cheese-filled tortellini (cooked according to package instructions)
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Saute mushrooms and shallot in butter until lightly caramelized. Add remaining tablespoon butter and garlic and saute an additional 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium and add white wine. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until simmering. Add tortellini and evenly toss to coat. Cook tortellini, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Add asiago cheese, nutmeg, and parsley to pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve tortellini hot and enjoy!