Dessert for breakfast IS a thing when you throw together this totally summery breakfast peach blueberry oatmeal cobbler! Serve it piping hot with big piles of vanilla yogurt.
The day that cobbler became breakfast food may just be my favorite day of all time, friends.
With nothing less than the juiciest, most summery-est fresh peaches + blueberries tucked underneath a cookie-like oatmeal cobbler crust. STOP THIS MADNESS.
Or just gimme the whole freaking pan. Breakfast all week it is.
HECK yes, you guys, this is the first cobbler of summer 2019 and we are starting the game strong by throwin’ breakfast in the official title. There’s oatmeal, there’s fruit, there’s even a pile of yogurt thrown on top. The breakfast game is strong this summer.
Jason was skeptical that this wasn’t dessert disguised as breakfast, but I PROMISE it’s actual breakfast fare. I made some minor adjustments to my usual cobbler recipe and swapped out some of the butter for yogurt, reduced a bit of the sugar, and threw a bunch of oats in there.
The result is an INCREDIBLY fresh-tasting, juicy peach blueberry filling. Piled high with a cobbler topping that’s flaky, has SUCH good texture thanks to the oats, and pretty much tastes like a healthified cookie. (in a good way)
YES, it is absolutely required that you serve this peach blueberry cobbler piping hot with vanilla yogurt heaped on top. Might as well take our breakfast game all the way, yes?
Seriously. No words can even describe how epic your breakfast game is about to be this summer.
Breakfast Peach Blueberry Oatmeal Cobbler
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 3 tablespoons + 3/4 cup coconut sugar coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla yogurt for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine peaches and blueberries in a greased 9-in cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in yogurt, vanilla, and egg until smooth. Add flour, oats, baking powder, and salt to liquid mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula until batter is smooth. (batter will be similar to cookie dough)
- Spread batter over peach-blueberry mixture in an even layer. Bake peach cobbler at 350F 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden-brown. Cool cobbler 10 minutes then serve warm with vanilla yogurt if desired. Enjoy!