Juicy fresh heirloom tomatoes and silky avocado bring incredible summer flavors to this colorful Israeli couscous salad that’s easy to throw together and a STUNNER for any summer table!
There’s no summer salads loaded with ALL the summer goods I won’t tackle and destroy. See exhibits 1-2390823
Even an Israeli couscous salad this pretty, you bet it’s going straight in my face, no questions asked.
Yes, I’m aware I fangirl over every single new summer salad I post on the blog which is about 45 new ones every summer, but THIS FREAKING SALAD THO.
There’s heirlooms. And avocados. And gorgeous little pearl couscous. Obviously there’s cheese cause I wouldn’t let even one of my salads be caught dead without it.
This is definitely one of those salads that are a BREEZE to make ahead of time because the flavors just get better and better the longer you let it sit in the dressing and let it soak up all the goodness.
Speaking of which, it’s just a simple lemon Dijon mustard dressing brightened up with fresh parsley and basil. Toss it ALL into your cooked pearl couscous, and then arrange your gorgeous heirlooms, diced avocado, sliced red onion, cucumber, and a hefty handful of Parm on top. The simple stuff tastes the best here, guys, trust me.
Aaaaaaand…faceplant. It’s just such dang simple, homey summer food and you will be obsessed.
To the point where salad for breakfast is definitely not sounding like a bad idea right about now.
You’re talking to a girl with a decent level of experience.
Heirloom Tomato Avocado Israeli Couscous Salad
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 12 oz pearl couscous, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Store in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper to taste then refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!