Grab ‘n’ go breakfast don’t get much better than these cranberry apple oatmeal breakfast bars! They’re SUPER filling, incredibly soft, and packed with chewy cranberries and soft apple pieces!
In case you needed a visual of what fall weekday breakfasts should ALWAYS look like…..here ya go, guys. ^^
It appears to be an oatmeal cookie disguised as a breakfast bar, jammed with cranberries and apples, and with the word breakfast slapped on there. Guess what, that is EXACTLY what it is.
A thing of breakfast beauty and a thing that will soon become as normal as grabbing your thermos full of coffee on your way out the door. That is the BEAUTY of a breakfast bar, friends.
Yes it is basically a cookie. No, I won’t tell a soul if you won’t.
Remember these beauts from a few years back? That’s the base we’re working with today because it is nothing short of a KEEPER. It’s like a basic lighter oatmeal cookie dough recipe with a little less sugar and a little less fat. Cause, you know, it is technically breakfast time still.
But that should NOT prevent you from throwing copious amounts of sweet dried cranberries + a few handfuls of fresh chopped apple into these beauties. The apple gets SUPER tender and sweet while it cooks and the cranberries keep their fantastic tang and chewy texture.
I also would not be against you covering these with frosting or glaze because weeks are loooooong as heck, ya feel?
Hello, meet your go-to breakfast for the rest of all time. As you may have guessed by now, these cranberry oatmeal breakfast bars play VERY well with all morning habits.
There’s basically nothing they won’t give you except that mornin’ caffeine which I would strongly recommend you sip with one of these suckers nearby. ??
Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with tin foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and sugar together until combined. Beat in yogurt, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in flour, oats, baking soda, salt, apples, and cranberries until a smooth dough forms.
- Spread dough in prepared pan. Bake bars at 350F 18-20 minutes or until bars are lightly golden around edges. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack before cutting into squares. Enjoy!