Flavorful miso transforms this sweet pepper cashew cauliflower stir-fry into one for the dinner record books! You won’t even miss the meat in the least bit.
Meat is about the most overrated stir-fry component ever today, can we all agree with that hard cold fact?
Cause yes, like the trendy, with-it people we all are, we are hopping onboard the cashew cauliflower stir-fry train today and never ever looking back.
Heck yes, we are inviting a sweet ‘n’ savory miso sauce, sweet peppers, and piles of fluffy rice to also board this train with us.
If I were you, I’d highly recommend coming hungry as heck and ready to throw a few consecutive cashew cauliflower stir-fry bowls down.
I am obsessed with all the flavors in this cashew cauliflower stir-fry and yes, the not-so-secret ingredient is the almighty miso paste. It gives such a complex savoriness to this stir-fry that’s complimented by the crunchy cashews, sweet peppers, and tender cauliflower florets.
It’s basically just standard stir-fry process here, y’all. Saute up the veggies, build your sauce base, steam up some piles of fluffy rice, and stuff yer face. Ya know the drill. Biz as usual around here.
Seriously, the pure tenderness and amazing texture of the cauliflower makes this stir-fry stand up strong against any meat-filled stir-fry. Aaaaay meatless Monday too!
Do yourself a favor and make this stir-fry an all week kinda deal. Leftovers reheat AMAZINGLY and trust me, ya want them in your life like you want another weekend right about now.
I read minds, it’s a talent.
Miso Sweet Pepper Cashew Cauliflower Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large sweet pepper, diced into 1-in cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- Hot rice for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk all sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmery. Add cauliflower, onion, and sweet pepper to skillet and saute several minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook 1-2 additional minutes until fragrant.
- Add miso sauce to skillet and stir occasionally until sauce is thickened and bubbly and vegetables are tender. Stir in green onions and cashews.
- Serve stir-fry hot over rice and enjoy!
Looks so colorful and attractive!
Cauli flower is my favourite…Really love this food…Thanks for this wonderful post.
Cauliflower is my favourite. Love to eat this food. Thanks a lot.
Favour Uzoigwe says
Hi Sarah, please i want to know if there is any substitute for cauliflower and miso because i can’t find it in my country.
Broccoli or another veggie would be a great substitute! The miso you can simply omit from the recipe entirely if you can’t find it.
Pupathi Sadagopan says
I really love this pepper mint..Thanks for sharing
Well this is turned out out a disaster… Sauce was too much… And color came out absolutely dark brown…
Nothing looked like what’s shown here and no it obviously didn’t taste anything good… Won’t look at this ever again