Dark chocolate and raspberries are a match made in heaven in this beautiful dark chocolate raspberry sheet cake. Insanely moist, super easy to make, and impressive!
Chocolate and raspberries hanging out in sheet cake form is pretty much the only thing you need in your life. Besides about 34 pieces. With extra chocolate glaze. Cause we go all in on cake or bust.
FYI: this is pretty much the most simplistic, yet impressive as heck cake you could ever whip out. It’s a pretty schweet deal.
Sheet cakes like this beauty are just where it’s at because it gives you all the perks of cake, minus dealing with fussy frosting, unnecessary decorating, multiple layers, etc. Everyone loves a cake they can have in their face in under an hour.
And can I bring your attention to the fact that dark chocolate + raspberries are the BOMBEST combo to ever grace a sheet cake??
I wasn’t kidding when I stressed the sheer EASE of this dark chocolate raspberry sheet cake, guys. The batter is super simple with all the easily accessible pantry ingredients like butter, eggs, sugar, etc. I use good-quality dark chocolate chips melted down + a little cocoa powder to give this cake a rich, luxurious chocolate flavor.
Raspberries are folded both IN the cake batter and sprinkled on top of the cake itself cause these little gems are gonna lend their fresh, tangy flavor in incredible ways. It’s like a little burst of fresh summer raspberries when you bite into this cake.
Obviously glaze is necessary here. As it usually is in cake situations such as these.
Lookit that, you just KILLED the homemade cake game. You are literally about to knock some cake lovers socks off.
Or…ya know, your own socks. Cause you made this cake so its all yours.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Sheet Cake
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (if using frozen, do not thaw) tossed with 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and butter together until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, and milk. Whisk cooled chocolate mixture in until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Fold flour mixture into liquid mixture until just combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake cake at 350F 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake and top with additional raspberries if desired. Cut cake into squares and enjoy!
Jayne Hares says
Hello, I am looking forward to making this recipe. May I just clarify on the icing ingredients, that it is a tablespoonfuls and a half of water? Kind regards. Jayne
Hey Jayne! As per the recipe, the icing ingredients call for 1 tablespoon half and half cream. 🙂 Let me know if you have any other questions!