Extra fudgy brownies are swirled with a silky pumpkin cheesecake filling and topped with mini chocolate chips for an incredible fall twist on brownies!
This is my last new pumpkin recipe of the season!! I couldn’t think of a better way to go outta pumpkin season with a bang.
These pumpkin cheesecake brownies will do the job. Trust me, they’ve got it covered.
Something about a thick, fudgy brownie swirled with a luscious pumpkin cheesecake filling and topped with mini chocolate chips just screams competence to me.
My roommates (ay, I’m looking at you, Jake) gave these brownies rave reviews and made short work of demolishing them.
I was much more discreet about the next batch and hid them in a better spot.
These Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies feature…
- My go-to insanely fudgy homemade brownie base
- A rich, silky spiced pumpkin cheesecake layer swirled throughout the brownie batter
- Mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top (totally optional, but not really)
Making the Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe!)
This is my time-trusted brownie recipe. It’s so easy to make and the batter comes together in only about 5 minutes!
Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate chips together (either in a pan on low heat or in the microwave) and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture and fold in flour, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt until batter is smooth. Set the batter aside for a moment.
To make the cheesecake swirl, beat softened cream cheese with a little sugar, vanilla, and milk until creamy.
Now divide this cream cheese mixture in half and fold pumpkin puree and spices into one half.
Let’s swirl these brownies! Scrape half of brownie batter into a parchment paper-lined 8×8 baking pan and top with nickle-sized dollops of plain cream cheese and pumpkin cream cheese. Use a butter knife to gently swirl with the brownie batter.
Repeat these layers with remaining brownie batter and cream cheeses. Top this swirled beauty off with mini chocolate chips!
Bake the brownies at 350F 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs sticking to it (moist crumbs, not batter)
Cool the brownies completely at room temperature then chill them several hours before slicing and serving.
Storing the Brownies
Most brownies can be stored in a sealed container on the countertop, however, I recommend storing these brownies in the fridge because of the cheesecake layer.
Store them in a sealed container in the fridge up to 6 days. I do not recommend freezing these brownies.
They’re rich, they’re fudgy, they’ve got just the perfect little kick of pumpkin ‘n’ spice, they’re literally just the most dreamy fall brownies.
Plus the actual PRETTIEST fall brownies you’ll ever bake up! It’s the swirl, y’all, it’s just magic.
It’ll be our little secret they were actually so freaking easy to make. Way easier to accidentally eat 3 of in one sitting, whoops.
Here’s some more pumpkin favorites for using up the rest of that can!
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cold Brew Coffee
- Sugar Cookie Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Bars
- One-Bowl Pumpkin Chai Spice Pancakes
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. (alternatively, melt in the microwave 1-2 minutes)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Slowly fold in flour, cocoa, and salt until batter is just combined. Set batter aside.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl
- In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Divide mixture in half and place one half in a separate bowl. Fold pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin into cream cheese mixture.
- Scrape half of brownie batter into prepared pan. Spoon dollops of half plain cream cheese mixture and half pumpkin cream cheese mixture on top. Use a knife to swirl the cream cheese into the brownie batter. Repeat layers with remaining brownie batter and cream cheeses. Top brownies with mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake brownies at 350F 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool brownies completely in pan on a wire cooling rack then chill completely before slicing into squares. Enjoy!