Stuffed with three different cheeses and a garlicky spinach artichoke filling, this hasselback chicken is a breeze to whip up and the perfect way to elevate chicken breasts for dinner!
Let’s add a little extra oomph to your chicken breast game! The secret is in a hasselback chicken.
Stuffed with a triple whammy of cheese + all the spinach artichoke fixins’.
I know, it probably gives off the façade of complicated dinner food, but it’s actually the EASIEST to pull off!
I’m talking 8-ingredient, 45 minutes total prep + massive flavors kinda easy.
If you’re a fan of spinach artichoke dip, you’re going to be ALL over this chicken!
The creamy cheese + spinach artichoke filling is reminiscent of the classic dip and it is SO good.
This Hasselback Chicken features…
- Super moist and juicy chicken breasts with hasselback-style cuts in each breast
- Garlicky sauteed spinach + tangy artichokes stuffed into each hasselback cut
- Mozzarella, Parmesan, and cream cheese stuffed into each hasselback cut
Making the Hasselback Chicken
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe!)
Three Cheese Spinach Artichoke Filling
Start by sauteeing fresh baby spinach and chopped jarred artichokes in a little butter until wilted.
Add a few cloves minced garlic and saute 1 additional minute until fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine your three cheeses. Add the cheese mixture to the spinach/artichoke mixture until creamy.
You can make this filling ahead of time and keep it in your fridge up to a few days!
Preparing the Chicken
We’re going to be using boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe. I do not recommend using any other kind of chicken for this particular recipe.
Use a sharp knife to cut 6 even slits in each chicken breast, cutting about 3/4 of the way through.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, place chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish, then begin filling each cut with spinach artichoke filling.
Baking the Chicken
Bake the chicken at 375F 20-25 minutes until chicken registers 165F.
Once the chicken is done, I recommend broiling under high heat 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese. Optional, but adds a little more deep cheesy flavor!
What to Serve with Chicken
- Over hot buttered egg noodles
- Over hot rice
- Alongside baked potatoes
- Alongside a big green salad
Each bite of this juicy chicken is just bursting with rich, cheesy spinach artichoke flavors!
Because of the hasselback style, we’re able to stuff this chicken with SO much goodness. It’s exploding with flavor and literally the easiest thing ever to make.
It’s the new favorite chicken dinner in our house! I guarantee it’s about to become yours too. ♥
A few more well-loved chicken dinners you’ll want to cook up next!
- Sticky Honey Chipotle Chicken Thighs
- Dill Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Skillet Creamy Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken
Three Cheese Spinach Artichoke Hasselback Chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups lightly-packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup jarred chopped artichokes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 medium chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add spinach and artichoke and saute 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until spinach is wilted. Add garlic and saute 1 additional minute until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow spinach mixture to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan until smooth. Set aside for a moment.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 6 even slits in each chicken breast about 3/4 of the way through (do not cut all the way through) Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, place in a 9x13 baking dish, and preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine cream cheese mixture and cooled spinach mixture. Fill the cut chicken slits with mixture. Bake chicken at 375F 20-25 minutes until chicken registers 165F. If desired, broil chicken under high heat 1-2 minutes to brown cheese. Serve chicken hot and enjoy!