Glazed with a spicy honey chipotle sauce and incredibly juicy, these sticky honey chipotle chicken thighs bake up in only 30 minutes and are the perfect way to kick up your dinner game!
Meet the most life-changing chicken to ever grace your dinner plate.
No, seriously. The honey chipotle glaze smothering these juicy chicken thighs is nothing less than life changing. I would almost eat cardboard covered in it.
But do me a favor and stick with the chicken. Maybe throw a little fluffy jasmine rice in the deal if you need your beloved carbs as much as I do.
It’s that time of the year when everyone is looking for those weeknight dinners you can get on the dinner table STAT.
For your dinner convenience, these honey chipotle chicken thighs are ready to dive into in only THIRTY minutes with a handful of basic pantry ingredients.
And when I say dive in, I truly mean DIVE headfirst into all this saucy sweet ‘n’ spicy chicken goodness. 😋😋
Let’s run through the prep list for this honey chipotle chicken. >>
Basically, three easy steps stand between you and this chicken. Pan sear. Make the glaze. Bake.
- Pan sear. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Give both sides of the chicken a quick pan sear in a little olive oil/butter action until nice and caramelized.
- Glaze. Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat out of the pan and saute up a little garlic in the remaining fat. From there, we’re just building the glaze right in the pan which will include honey, chipotle + adobo sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce, and just a splash of chicken broth.
- Bake. Nestle the chicken back in the pan and spoon up some of the glaze over top. Stick it all in the oven 15-20 minutes to finish baking off the chicken.
A heavy hand of sliced green onions later and you’re all set to dive in.
We like serving this chicken heaped high over a fluffy pile of rice with extra sauce drizzled on top. And more green onions of course.
If you’re watching your carbs, a bowl of steamed veggies or a green salad is also a bomb accompaniment to this chicken.
However ya eat it, this chicken is freaking GOOD and I guarantee it’s about to earn a permanent spot on your weeknight menu.
Need more chicken dinner inspiration? Try these winners out next!
Sticky Honey Chipotle Chicken Thighs
- 4 medium bone-in (or boneless skinless) chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle in adobo sauce, finely minced and 2 tablespoons adobo sauce reserved
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Hot rice for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high until shimmery.
- Add chicken to pan and sear 2-3 minutes on both sides, flipping once until chicken is golden brown (chicken will not be fully cooked through yet) Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan. Over medium heat, add garlic to pan and saute in pan drippings until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chipotle, reserved adobo sauce, honey, sugar, hot sauce, and chicken broth to pan and bring to a low simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pan from heat and nestle chicken thighs back into pan, spooning more of the sauce over top. Bake chicken at 375F 15-20 minutes until chicken registers 165F. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Serve chicken hot with more of the sauce spooned on top over hot rice if desired. Enjoy!