Juicy honey garlic chicken thighs and crispy roast potatoes are seared and baked in the most FLAVORFUL honey garlic sauce in this no-fuss one skillet dinner!
P.S. Today’s winner winner one-pot-chicken-dinner takes the current crushing prize. These chicken thighs win the whole kit and kaboodle.
Oh, and a quick word about my brand spankin’ new cast iron. ??? I christened it with this chicken and it’s definitely one of my favorite birthday presents from my smart little sister.
Also, my whole family/boyfriend are apparently smart? 95% of the birthday presents I received were kitchen goodies.
The best kinda birthday haul, no question about it.
But these honey garlic chicken thighs!! And all those glorious little roast potatoes! Am I seriously even expected to eat anything else for dinner ever again?
Prep is as follows >>>
- Pan-sear the chicken thighs until a luscious golden-brown and throw some onions and a mess of little potato cubes into the skillet to get all roasty-toasty.
- Sauce. Honey garlic sauce gets made right in the same pan and it is to.die.for. Throw your chicken and potatoes back in the pan and nestle em in ALL THE SAUCE. Ensure that every inch is covered.
Into the oven with everything for a little while and your job is basically done. Besides demolishing said skillet which we all know is the most crucial job.
The chicken seriously bakes up SO ridiculously moist and tender in the honey garlic sauce and meanwhile the potatoes get crispy and golden to the MAX. I could eat this for dinner every day tbh, guys.
With extra-extra-EXTRA drenchings of sauce please. >>>>>
Skillet Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs with Roast Potatoes
- 4 medium chicken thighs, patted dry (about 1 lb)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-in cubes (about 4 medium potatoes)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until melted and hot. Place chicken thighs skin-side down and sear 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and potatoes to same skillet and saute several minutes until golden-brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste then remove from skillet and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-heat in same skillet, then add garlic to pan and saute 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add honey, soy sauce, and vinegar to pan and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Nestle chicken thighs and potato mixture into pan and use a spoon to drizzle some of the sauce over top. Bake chicken at 400F 25-30 minutes or until chicken registers 160F and potatoes are tender. Serve warm and enjoy!