Air fryer fingerling potatoes are perfectly crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and drizzled with a flavorful harissa chimichurri sauce.
Is there anything the air fryer can’t do? Y’all, these potatoes are just about the crispiest, fluffiest little bites of heaven to ever come out of my air fryer.
Yeah, they came out an unappetizing shade of brown which was slightly sad, but the taste and texture? 20/10.
Plus a little kickin’ harissa chimichurri on the side definitely didn’t hurt anything.
These potatoes are just an explosion of flavors and the official sidekick to all dinners from now on.
They don’t even need to be a sidekick if you don’t want them to be. Trust me, they take over as the main food event JUST fine on their own!
These Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes feature…
- Fingerling potatoes coated in an olive oil + spices mixture and air fried until crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
- A slightly-spicy, herby harissa chimichurri sauce for drizzling or dipping potatoes.
- 30 minutes to make and easy to double or triple for a crowd!
Making the Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe!)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Fingerling potatoes
- Olive oil
- Harissa paste
- Lemon juice
Where to Buy Harissa
Harissa is a Middle Eastern and North African chile paste. It includes a blend of several smoked chile peppers, plenty of spices, garlic, olive oil, and typically tomato.
Harissa is very flavorful, but also packs a bit of a punch so use it sparingly and taste as you go! If you’re sensitive to spice, you can easily leave it out of the chimichurri if needed.
You can find harissa in a Middle Eastern store/market as well as the international section of most major grocery stores.
My favorite place to buy harissa is actually Trader Joe’s!
How to Oven Bake Potatoes
If you don’t own an air fryer, you can still make these potatoes in the oven! They won’t be quite as crispy, but they will still be delicious.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Follow the recipe instructions for tossing potatoes in olive oil + spices.
- Spread potatoes out in a single layer on a large greased sheet pan.
- Bake potatoes at 400F 20-25 minutes, stirring potatoes once halfway through baking, until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
Tips for Perfect Fingerling Potatoes
- Halve potatoes and coat in olive oil + spices – we found that the fingerling potatoes crisp up better if they are halved. Toss halved potatoes with a little olive oil and spices and they’re ready to air fry!
- Preheat air fryer – spray air fryer grate well with pan spray and preheat to 400F 3 minutes. Don’t skip the preheating step, it helps get a jump start on cooking the potatoes!
- Shake potatoes halfway through air frying – this helps ensure potatoes crisp up properly.
- Serve potatoes hot with chimichurri – these potatoes are best if you serve them straight from the air fryer and either drizzle them with chimichurri or serve on the side for dipping.
- Reheat any leftovers in air fryer – reheat any potato leftovers in air fryer at 400F 4-6 minutes.
Make Ahead Instructions
- Combine the dry spices for potatoes and store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 month.
- Make the harissa chimichurri sauce and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- When ready to cook, halve potatoes, toss with spices + olive oil, and air fry per recipe instructions.
- Serve potatoes hot with chimichurri.
What to Serve with Potatoes
These potatoes are an incredible side dish to so many meals! We love these potatoes alongside fish, grilled steak, and chicken. Serve a few lemon wedges + additional parsley on the side for an extra pop of flavor!
Pro tip: if you’re serving these potatoes alongside a meat, make a double batch of chimichurri for the meat!
Y’all, it’s almost unholy how perfectly crisp on the outside, yet fluffy on the inside these fingerling potatoes are. Paired with the smoky chimichurri sauce and it definitely ups the potato side dish game a few notches!
The only question is, will you drizzle or dip? I’m in the drizzle + toss potatoes team myself.
Also team make-these-potatoes-for-any-and-every-side-dish-need. Get ready to be just as obsessed as we are!
A few more air fryer recipes to try out next!
Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes with Harissa Chimichurri
Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional fresh parsley and lemon wedges for garnishing
Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil and seasonings. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray grate of a 4-qt air fryer with pan spray and preheat to 400F for 3 minutes.*
- Lay potatoes in a single layer in air fryer. Cook at 400F 7 minutes, then shake basket to flip potatoes and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- In a food processor or blender, combine parsley, harissa, lemon juice, garlic, agave, and salt + pepper to taste. Pulse chimichurri several times, while drizzling olive oil through top until chimichurri is semi-smooth.
- Garnish air fryer fingerling potatoes with additional parsley and squeeze lemon wedges over top. Serve potatoes hot dipped or drizzled in chimichurri sauce. Enjoy!