Air fryer brussels sprouts cook up in MINUTES entirely in the air fryer and are tossed in a sweet ‘n’ spicy hot honey butter and any toppings you desire!
The one and only way you need to know to make brussels sprouts the most anticipated part of dinner.
Hot honey butter included AND we’re using the niftiest tool in the kitchen these days: the air fryer.
Whether you’re still planning your Thanksgiving dinner or already have it all planned out to a T, I promise these brussels sprouts still have a place on your table!
Best part? They don’t take up any oven or crockpot space! That’s a big win when we’re talking about Thanksgiving food.
Plus the sky’s the limit for what you’ll top these bad boys with! I’m thinking just a little bit of everything.
These Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts feature…
- Perfectly crisp + tender brussels sprouts made entirely in the air fryer.
- A sweet + spicy honey butter made with a splash of hot sauce for some kick.
- Only 30 minutes to make and easy to double or triple for a crowd.
- A blank canvas for so many flavor variations!
Making the Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Unsalted butter
- Hot sauce
- Optional toppings: toasted almonds and crumbled bacon
How to Prepare Brussels Sprouts
You will need about 1-1/2 lbs of brussels sprouts for this recipe. This recipe is also super simple to double or triple for a crowd!
Be aware that if you do double or triple this recipe you will have to air fry in batches – the cook time is very quick though!
To prep brussels sprouts, trim ends off and cut each brussels sprout in half, discarding any loose leaves.
Note: you can do this trimming/halving step several days in advance if you’re cooking for a holiday dinner and need a time saver!
Tips for Perfect Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat air fryer – preheat the air fryer to 375F for 5 minutes. This preheating step helps get a jumpstart on cooking the brussels sprouts.
- Toss brussels sprouts in olive oil – a few splashes of olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste is you need to do to prep the sprouts for frying.
- Shake basket halfway through frying – this helps the brussels sprouts cook evenly.
- Make hot honey butter – this is the easiest part and really does take these sprouts to the next level—simply melt butter on the stove and mix in honey and hot sauce. Not a fan of spicy? You can easily leave the hot sauce out!
- Top brussels sprouts with toppings – we love a simple combo of toasted almonds and crumbled bacon, but the sky’s the limit for what you can use!
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can still make this recipe! –>
Follow recipe instructions for tossing sprouts in olive oil and salt + pepper, then lay them in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
Roast brussels sprouts at 400F 15-20 minutes, stirring once halfway through roasting, until sprouts are tender and golden-brown. Follow recipe instructions for hot honey butter and toss with sprouts.
You can use our base recipe for these air fryer brussels sprouts for SO many variations! Check out some of our suggestions…
- Add cheese – a funky cheese such as blue cheese would be an incredible addition to these sprouts.
- Mix in a dried fruit – we love dried cranberries sprinkled on top of these brussels sprouts.
- Try another nut – toasted pecans or walnuts would be great in place of the almonds.
- Keep it classic – if you’re a brussels sprouts purist, just skip the hot honey butter and eat these sprouts as-is from the air fryer!
Y’all, the air fryer once again just works pure magic here. The brussels sprouts are PERFECTLY tender, crispy, and the hot honey butter just takes them over the top.
You’ll never eat brussels sprouts any other way again after trying these. Promise!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch these brussels sprouts made step-by-step on Google Web Stories!
Try these other holiday dinner side dishes next!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Hot Honey Butter
- 1-1/2 lbs brussels sprouts, halved and ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Crumbled cooked bacon and toasted almonds for serving, optional
- Spray a 4-qt air fryer well with cooking spray and preheat to 375F for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste until evenly coated.
- Lay brussels sprouts in a single layer in preheated air fryer and air fry at 375F 10 minutes, shaking basket halfway through cooking until brussels sprouts are tender and golden brown. Keep warm and set aside for a moment.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter then whisk in honey and hot sauce and bring to a low simmer. Remove honey butter from heat.
- Place brussels sprouts in a large serving bowl and toss with honey butter until evenly coated. Top brussels sprouts with crumbled bacon and toasted almonds if desired. Serve warm and enjoy!