Lemony roasted broccoli and cheese-filled tortellini collide in this simple lemon roasted broccoli tortellini that’s ready in MINUTES with only a handful of basic pantry ingredients!
We love a good simple weeknight pasta dinner around here! This tortellini definitely scratches that itch.
Plus the lemon gives out all the spring vibes. And it’s ready for your face in 40 minutes. Really, there’s no downsides.
If you’ve been looking for new ways to jazz up that package of tortellini, look no further! This lemon roasted broccoli version is the best dang thing.
Lately I’ve been getting into dinners that use 10 or less ingredients and yes, this tortellini fits the bill clocking in at 7 ingredients total.
You wouldn’t even know it either with how much flavor we’re able to pack into this goodness.
This Lemon Roasted Broccoli Tortellini features…
- Tangy lemon roasted broccoli
- Tender cheese-filled tortellini
- A quick garlic butter sauce + a sprinkle of freshly-grated Parm
- 40 minutes to make and only 7 ingredients needed
Making the Lemon Roasted Broccoli Tortellini
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Tortellini pasta
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Parmesan cheese
Choosing Your Tortellini
We love a simple cheese-filled tortellini best for this recipe, but feel free to experiment with tortellini that has different types of fillings.
We generally prefer using fresh refrigerated tortellini for this recipe, but frozen or dry tortellini will also work! Follow package instructions for cooking.
Tips for Perfect Tortellini
- Use fresh lemon – you can’t beat the flavor from a real lemon. We will be using a little bit of the zest, a little juice, and then roasting the broccoli with whole lemon slices
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized florets – if possible, we recommend chopping the florets yourself so you can control the size and make sure they are uniform. Uniform size = consistent cooking.
- Roast broccoli at 400F – the broccoli should take around 15-20 minutes to cook. Test the broccoli with a fork to ensure it is tender.
- Make the garlic butter – saute lots of fresh garlic in a little butter until just fragrant and very lightly browned. Careful not to overcook the garlic or it will get bitter!
- Toss broccoli and tortellini with garlic butter – toss everything together on the stove for a few minutes until heated through.
- Top skillet with Parmesan cheese + lemon juice – a little sharp Parm and a small squeeze of extra lemon seals all the flavors together.
There are so many different ways you can go with this recipe! Check out our favorites below. —>
- Try another veggie – sliced zucchini, sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes, or mushrooms would all work great in place of the broccoli. Note: you may have to adjust the bake time slightly.
- Add meat – cooked chicken, sausage, or bacon would be a perfect meaty addition.
- Change up the cheese – shredded cheddar, swiss, asiago, or whatever you have on hand!
- Use regular pasta – this recipe is very easy to adapt to regular dry pasta.
How to Meal Prep Tortellini
This tortellini is a dream to make ahead of time for meal prepping! You can make the entire dish up to 6 days in advance and store in the refrigerator.
It’s great reheated or enjoy cold, whatever is easiest for you!
This is just stupid simple good pasta, you guys. It’s so easy to pull off but tastes like a real pasta winner. The lemon roasted broccoli packs a punch of lemon flavor, is ridiculously tender, and just pairs so well with the rich cheese tortellini.
No judgement if you find yourself eating it straight outta the skillet. Been there, will probably be found there again.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this tortellini made step by step on Google web stories!
More easy pasta recipes to add to your weeknight menu!
- Skillet Spicy Peanut Noodles
- Sausage Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells
- Sun-Dried Tomato Smoked Salmon Pasta
Lemon Roasted Broccoli Tortellini
- 1 medium lemon
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10 oz) package tortellini, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside for a moment.
- Zest lemon until you have about 1 teaspoon of zest. Slice half of lemon into thin slices and juice the other half until you have about 1 tablespoon of juice. Toss lemon slices, zest, juice, olive oil, and broccoli florets together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay broccoli in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast broccoli at 400F 15-20 minutes until tender and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes until a very light golden brown. Add roasted broccoli and tortellini to pan and toss together several minutes until heated through.
- Season tortellini with salt and pepper if needed and squeeze a little extra lemon juice over top. Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve tortellini warm and enjoy!