Filled with a rich broccoli cheddar topping and lots of fluffy potato, these broccoli cheddar baked potatoes are the easiest side dish that are a guaranteed hit alongside any meal!
You really can’t go wrong jamming broccoli cheddar into anything and these baked potatoes may just blow your mind.
I meannn, it’s pretty simple really. Cheesy broccoli filling meets fluffy baked potato and you can imagine the rest.
It ends with you eating way more of these than should be humanly possible.
Arguably the best part of these potatoes is that they only need SEVEN basic ingredients!
The perfect easy way to spruce up baked potatoes while exerting the most minimal effort.
These Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potatoes feature…
- Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside baked potatoes.
- A creamy, cheesy cheddar broccoli filling.
- Easy to make ahead of time and a perfect side dish for those holiday dinners!
Making the Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potatoes
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Russet potatoes
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Choosing Your Potatoes
We recommend russet potatoes here because they roast up perfectly tender and fluffy on the inside, while maintaining a crispy skin exterior.
Plan ahead because baked potatoes take quite awhile in the oven and may take anywhere from 70-80 minutes to fully bake.
Tips for Perfect Baked Potatoes
- Prick potatoes before baking – this helps the steam escape from the potatoes and will guarantee none of them explode.
- Bake potatoes at 400F – we found that this temperature makes for a crispy outside and fluffy inside.
- Chop broccoli very small – because we’re not pre-baking the broccoli beforehand, we want it to be a small size so it cooks fully when stuffed into the potatoes.
- Soften cream cheese – allow it to sit on the counter for 30 minutes or soften in the microwave for 30 seconds. Softened cream cheese is much easier to mix.
- Stuff potatoes very full – it may seem as if there’s too much filling to fit in the potatoes, but it will! Use your hands to stuff the filling into the potatoes, compacting it as much as needed to make everything fit.
These potatoes can easily be made ahead of time for a time saver! Follow these instructions.
- Bake potatoes – bake the potatoes and store in fridge up to 4 days. When ready to serve potatoes, fill potatoes with broccoli cheddar filling and bake at 400F 25-30 minutes.
- Make the filling – mix the filling and store in fridge up to 4 days before filling potatoes.
Try these ideas for a different twist on these baked potatoes!
- Add more veggies – peas, shredded carrots, or spinach would be great extra veggie additions.
- Change up the cheese – try mozzarella, pepper jack, asiago, Parmesan, or feta.
- Try sweet potatoes – for a healthier version, try sweet potatoes in place of the russets! Be aware, bake time will need to be adjusted slightly.
You may never be able to go back to regular sour cream + butter in your baked potatoes! These babies really do change the entire game.
Pretty much just a baked potato on steroids and you’re going to be obsessed.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More potato side dishes for you to try next!
- Mushroom Caramelized Onion Scalloped Potatoes
- Pan Fried Potatoes
- Three Cheese Sweet Potato Au Gratin
Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potato
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely-chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup jarred pimentos
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prick potatoes with a fork and place on a medium sheet pan. Bake potatoes at 400F 70-80 minutes until potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork. Set aside to cool a bit.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, broccoli, pimentos, cheddar, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a paring knife to cut potatoes open and use a fork to fluff the inside. Stuff filling into potatoes.
- Bake potatoes at 400F 20-25 minutes until filling is melted and bubbly. Top potatoes with parsley and serve warm. Enjoy!
Helber Greenwood. says
I love potatoes, what a delight!
Hope you get a chance to try this one! 🙂