Covered in the creamiest lemon dill alfredo sauce and lots of tender baby spinach, this spinach alfredo tortellini is a quick 35 minute dinner that will always be a hit!
Be warned, you may never eat tortellini any other way again. Hard to argue with lemon, dill, and alfredo hanging out in the same sentence, ya know?
Whether you’re in search of a quick way to use up a package of tortellini or wondering how to brighten up your holiday side dish game, this tortellini is definitely going to deliver!
This is one pasta recipe that you’re going to want hang onto for awhile.
Tortellini dishes can typically feel a bit heavy, especially if they’re dressed in a creamy sauce but not this one! Fresh lemon and dill brighten it up and lots of wilted spinach gives it a healthy feel.
This Spinach Alfredo Tortellini features…
- Tender cheese-filled tortellini.
- Wilted baby spinach.
- A bright and creamy lemon dill alfredo sauce.
Making the Spinach Alfredo Tortellini
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Unsalted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Baby spinach
Fresh vs. Dry Tortellini
We recommend fresh refrigerated tortellini for this recipe because we think it has an amazing flavor and texture and it also cooks up in only 2-3 minutes.
Dry tortellini is nice because you can store it in the pantry for much longer, but it does tend to have a much different texture once cooked compared to fresh.
Tips for Perfect Tortellini
- Use fresh lemon and dill – fresh is key here for the best flavors!
- Grate Parmesan yourself – the flavor of pre-shredded Parmesan cheese doesn’t even compare to freshly-grated.
- Do not allow sauce to boil – keep the sauce only at a low simmer to prevent it from breaking.
- Cook tortellini to al dente – it will continue to cook a bit once added to the sauce, so make sure to not overcook it while boiling.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this tortellini!
- Add more veggies – try sauteed sweet pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, or peas in addition to or alongside the spinach.
- Make it meaty – cooked chicken, sausage, or bacon would be great meaty additions.
- Try different herbs – chives or parsley would be great subs for the dill.
- Swap out cheeses – try asiago, sharp cheddar, gouda, or goat cheese.
This tortellini is seriously SO simple and that allows the flavors to just shine so bright! The fresh lemon and dill paired with the creamy alfredo sauce and rich tortellini is just the most incredible pairing of flavors and textures.
Fancy food with almost zero effort. This is everyone’s kinda pasta.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this tortellini made step-by-step on Google web stories!
More cozy pasta recipes to try next!
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Alfredo Fettuccine
- Roasted Red Pepper Penne Alla Vodka
- White Cheddar Broccoli and Shells
Lemon Dill Spinach Alfredo Tortellini
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% or skim milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill
- 2 cups firmly-packed baby spinach
- 10 oz cheese-filled tortellini, cooked according to package instructions to al dente
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Whisk in flour and cook 1-2 minutes until golden-brown.
- Slowly begin adding milk and cream, whisking sauce constantly until smooth. Bring sauce to a low simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in Parmesan, lemon juice, dill, and spinach until spinach is wilted. Add tortellini to sauce and stir until evenly coated. Season tortellini with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!