Made entirely on one sheet pan in less than an hour, this sheet pan sausage and sweet potatoes are baked in a flavorful honey garlic sauce and the perfect weeknight dinner!
Sheet pan dinners are the name of the dinner game this time of year! We’re rolling in with another winner today that’s about the easiest dinner you’ll literally ever make.
Roast sweet potatoes + broccoli + sausage are making up this sheet pan beauty and we’re covering the whole deal with a ridiculously good honey garlic sauce
All the dinner boxes are ticked and this is on the menu for the foreseeable future.
The best part is that there’s minimal cleanup, you’ll only need a handful of ingredients to pull it off, and it makes the BEST leftovers. The gift of a sheet pan dinner that keeps on giving.
This Sheet Pan Dinner features…
- Tender roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli
- Juicy roasted sausage slices
- A sweet and flavorful honey garlic sauce
- Ready in under an hour with only 9 ingredients
Making the Sheet Pan Dinner
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Sweet potatoes
- Unsalted butter
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
Choosing Your Sausage
We love using a lighter less-greasy sausage such as chicken or turkey, but this dish will work great with a variety sausage types! Kielbasa is one of our other go-to’s when we don’t have chicken or turkey sausage on hand.
We recommend buying sausage links and cutting them 1/2-inch thick circles for best results.
Tips for Perfect Sausage and Sweet Potatoes
- Cut vegetables in uniform size – ideally, you want the sweet potatoes and broccoli in 1/2-inch pieces so they cook at the same rate.
- Use fresh garlic – skip the jarred garlic this time around and go for fresh. It makes a huge difference flavor-wise in the sauce!
- Don’t overcook garlic – sauté the garlic until a very light golden brown and fragrant. This should only take 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange ingredients in a single layer on sheet pan – this will help everything roast evenly.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this dish.
- Swap meats – try using cubed chicken breasts or thighs in place of the sausage.
- Try different vegetables – this recipe is very adaptable to different veggies – try brussels sprouts, butternut squash, cauliflower, or sweet pepper.
- Skip the meat – for a vegetarian-friendly dinner, skip the sausage and add extra veggies in its place.
Make Ahead Instructions
Follow these instructions for make-ahead tips.
- Cut vegetables and sausage – these can be stored in refrigerator up to 3 days. For best results, we recommend storing your sweet potatoes in cold water to keep them fresh and prevent them from drying out.
- Make honey garlic sauce – this sauce may be stored in refrigerator up to 1 week. If you find your sauce has thickened too much in the refrigerator, heat it 30-60 seconds in the microwave before adding to recipe.
- Storing leftovers – once everything is roasted, this meal stores well in the refrigerator up to 6 days. We recommend reheating individual servings in microwave 1-2 minutes.
There’s no way around it, this is just a sheet pan of dinner goals. The sweet and savory honey garlic sauce coats everything with SO much flavor and really takes the humble veggies + sausage to the next level.
The one dinner everyone needs up their sleeve. There’s no going wrong here!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More sheet pan dinners to try next!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Sweet Potatoes with Honey Garlic Sauce
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Sausage and Sweet Potatoes
- 14 oz chicken or turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-in slices
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into 1/2-in florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a large sheet pan and add sausage, sweet potatoes, and broccoli.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-heat. Add garlic to pan and sauté 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add honey, soy sauce, and vinegar to pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle honey garlic sauce over sausage and vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss evenly until coated and arrange in a single layer on sheet pan.
- Roast sausage and vegetables at 400F 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Top sausage and vegetables with fresh parsley and serve warm. Enjoy!